Booked a weekend away in Bath looking to get away from the crowds of London & found an almost idyllic country B& B . From the moment we arrived, host Norman was extremely warm and inviting & offered us refreshment after our long journey . This continued throughout our 2night stay and the hospitality was faultless . We stayed in the silk room which was spacious with a wonderful 4 poster bed . While the room was nice , we were slightly disappointed with the bathroom facilities as there was no barrier between the shower and toilet. Even more bizarrely the door was see-through & there was no separation to stop the water leaking out from the bathroom onto the carpet outside the door ! We also felt that the curtains , sofa & cutlery could have been more thouroughly cleaned . These are only minor complaints though as they didn't stop us from thoroughly enjoying our stay . Breakfast was delicious & the location was a perfect base to visit to bath away from the crowds . If you want a peaceful weekend away then we'd highly recommend the Manor House .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Restful, rambling Medieval Manor in country village 2.25miles/ 8 minutes drive from centre of Bath. Dating from 1262 with Tudor inglenook fire spacious ensuite bedrooms with TV, video, DVD, WIFI. Fantastic candlelit restaurant with excellent local reputation for fine food in 16th and 19th century dining rooms on Fridays, Saturdays. Bring Your Own Wine - No Corkage Charge! Rural walks along brook to local pubs, canal boat/bike hire 5 minutes wander. Parking, gardens. Heaven! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LateRooms and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Manor House Monkton Combe Bath reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Manor House Monkton Combe Bath Hotel Monkton Combe
- The Manor House Monkton Combe Bath UK - England