Its just far enough away from central Bath to be peaceful, and quiet. It is situated pretty near to a tow path where there is a bicycle hire, and the ability to bike/run/walk for miles in each direction along the canal, one direction takes you 3 miles into Bath. Beautiful.
Without a car, as I was, you can also walk up Monkton Combe via a public walkway, and there catch a local bus or one of those sight seeing buses if you want a tour into Bath's center. You will need a cab from the train station. Its about a 12 minute drive.
Seriously, one of the most relaxing get aways for me.
The rooms are really well designed: clean, and simple. There is also a great beer garden where you can eat or drink amidst really beautiful country.
Staff was pretty friendly. Service was great.
There is a boarding school just next door, and I was there when school was out of session. Dont know if it would be a bit busier during the school year.
Definitely would recommend this place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Wheelwrights Arms Country Inn is nestled in the peaceful village of Monkton Combe and surrounded by picturesque hills and valleys on the edge of Bath ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda and TripOnline SA so you can book your Wheelwrights Arms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Wheelwrights Arms Hotel Monkton Combe
- Wheelwrights Arms Monkton Combe, UK - England