“Lovely food and friendly attentive staff” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bandon Arms

Bandon Arms
Bandon Arms
Ranked #28 of 30 Bridgnorth B&B and Inns
“Lovely food and friendly attentive staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

Our party of 7 (originally 9 but 2 succumbed to one of the lurgies going around) had the Christmas fayre menu on Boxing Day two people for £25. Service was friendly and attentive without being pushy. The food was hot vegetables nice and crunchy - no soggy sprouts here! We asked for extra vegetables and three more jugs of gravy and this was no trouble at all. We weren't pushed to take our desserts too soon and I have to say the orange cheesecake was the best I have ever tasted! All in all we left very satisfied even more so as they gave us back the £10 deposit we had paid for our two absent friends. Thank you the Bandon Arms for a lovely Boxing Day lunch

• Stayed December 2012

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Chester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

Have used the Bandon many times and have always found that the quality of food is very good , indeed , i would however say that the lighting of the establishment makes it a little like a fast food place at times and perhaps toning down the halogens might help to assist people to relax a little more in a more subdued atmosphere

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
Stafford, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

We were frequent visitors, but our last visit was not a pleasing experience. We chose our table on entry as was expected of us I think, but we were ignored by staff until we asked for service. Within minutes of ordering food was brought to the table, but not our order. No apology was offered, but then a long wait ensued and we needed to ask about the delay before our order arrived. There was no apology, but the waiter did tell us that our wait was of typical duration. The food was good, but at the end of the meal we found an unusual inclusion in the salad which we pointed out. The waitress gave the item a glance and offered the explanation that it was a "leaf".
We were unconvinced.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Bridgnorth hotels

Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

I Used the Bandon Arms for a recent business meeting. I was given a warm smiling welcome the minute I arrived and whilst I waited for my colleague.Nothing was too much trouble. Throughout the afternoon my colleague and I were looked after superbly and with a big smile. The food and drink were great and it seemed like a lot of effort had gone into nice little touches with like the chocholates with your coffee etc. Highly recommend the Capachino by the way. I also thought that everything represented good value.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012 via mobile

reading the reviews left about this really nice friendley pub concern and are interesting reading.i think people should look at the dates ,wording and the way they have been put together, written by the same person it looks like a vandetta against the pub .there are some geniune ones on there i think ,the one left by paddy and the other ones of genuine value...visited by me and my recent management staff on our way through shropshire ,we were treated with a very welcoming hospitality , hot food fantastic beer and very pretty and charming waitressess, try the pub out it was nice to see people working hard ,and being as helpful and these people do the pub the justice it deserves .well done bandon arms .+++++ definate 5stars

Stayed September 2012
Bridgnorth, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2012

Several years ago we had a fantastic meal in the Bandon Arms in Bridgnorth so thought we would return to celebrate my husband's birthday. I should have turned round and left as soon as I saw how empty the place was (it used to be impossible to get a table on a Friday evening), as we decided upon a table I noticed how dirty the chairs were and our table was very sticky with cold, congealed food on it. The waitress came over to take our drinks order and refused to serve our 17 year old son with alcohol, we pointed out the law states that if eating a meal it is legal for 16 year olds and over to have an alcoholic drink with their meal in a licensed premise. We suggested the waitress speak to her manager and he stated that under 18s cannot have a drink; I would understand if their own policy at the Bandon Arms is to refuse to serve alcohol to under 18s even if they are having a meal but I find it unbelievable that a manager of a licensed premise does not have an understanding of the laws relating to serving alcohol. At this stage we left and took our business elsewhere. I cannot comment on the food but having read other reviews I think we had a lucky escape.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank K C
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

Recently took the whole family ,and we were greeted and seated with a nice pleasant smile and a very tasty bar manager she was nice.:). The food was excellent with good choice , very hot when served and a very good selection of ales , my only fault I could find was they had stopped doing the waffles in the pudding menu , but maybe one day the will bring it back , overall. Excellent 5 stars all round , thank you very much .

• Stayed August 2012