“Friendly staff , great service , nice food , good value.”
Review of Bandon Arms

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Bandon Arms
Ranked #27 of 29 Bridgnorth B&B and Inns
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
“Friendly staff , great service , nice food , good value.”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

I Used the Bandon Arms for a recent business meeting. I was given a warm smiling welcome the minute I arrived and whilst I waited for my colleague.Nothing was too much trouble. Throughout the afternoon my colleague and I were looked after superbly and with a big smile. The food and drink were great and it seemed like a lot of effort had gone into nice little touches with like the chocholates with your coffee etc. Highly recommend the Capachino by the way. I also thought that everything represented good value.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Reviewed September 18, 2012 via mobile

reading the reviews left about this really nice friendley pub concern and are interesting reading.i think people should look at the dates ,wording and the way they have been put together, written by the same person it looks like a vandetta against the pub .there are some geniune ones on there i think ,the one left by paddy and the other ones of genuine value...visited by me and my recent management staff on our way through shropshire ,we were treated with a very welcoming hospitality , hot food fantastic beer and very pretty and charming waitressess, try the pub out it was nice to see people working hard ,and being as helpful and these people do the pub the justice it deserves .well done bandon arms .+++++ definate 5stars

Stayed September 2012
Bridgnorth, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Several years ago we had a fantastic meal in the Bandon Arms in Bridgnorth so thought we would return to celebrate my husband's birthday. I should have turned round and left as soon as I saw how empty the place was (it used to be impossible to get a table on a Friday evening), as we decided upon a table I noticed how dirty the chairs were and our table was very sticky with cold, congealed food on it. The waitress came over to take our drinks order and refused to serve our 17 year old son with alcohol, we pointed out the law states that if eating a meal it is legal for 16 year olds and over to have an alcoholic drink with their meal in a licensed premise. We suggested the waitress speak to her manager and he stated that under 18s cannot have a drink; I would understand if their own policy at the Bandon Arms is to refuse to serve alcohol to under 18s even if they are having a meal but I find it unbelievable that a manager of a licensed premise does not have an understanding of the laws relating to serving alcohol. At this stage we left and took our business elsewhere. I cannot comment on the food but having read other reviews I think we had a lucky escape.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank K C

Travelers are raving about these Bridgnorth hotels

Reviewed August 14, 2012

Recently took the whole family ,and we were greeted and seated with a nice pleasant smile and a very tasty bar manager she was nice.:). The food was excellent with good choice , very hot when served and a very good selection of ales , my only fault I could find was they had stopped doing the waffles in the pudding menu , but maybe one day the will bring it back , overall. Excellent 5 stars all round , thank you very much .

• Stayed August 2012
england United Kingdom
Reviewed July 29, 2012

my wife and i recentley stayed @ the bandon arms room only hotel, after looking round the internet for a cheap night away. weve found a gem. the double room we stayed in was great value for money, en suite, very clean and tidy.
we had our lunch and evening meal there being a great 2 for 1 offer, and would recommend this anyone. we enjoyed our time in bridgnorth and will be visiting there again. thankyou the bandon arms.

Room Tip: they only have 2 doubles rooms we were told .
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Shropshire
Reviewed June 9, 2012

I have frequented this establishment for many many years...it's changed hands several times some for the better, some for the worse...but none as bad as the people now currently running it. It used to be a great pub for family and couples alike...reasonably priced, good food and good atmosphere. I live and work locally and would readily recommend it to other people who were looking for a good all round pub to eat...not any more!
I visited recently and my experience was not good to say the least!
Like a previous comment on this website,I too was told to sit down and we would be served by a waitress..wasn't too pleased about this as I too prefer the method of going to the bar and ordering. However, I sat down to witness staff sitting eating food in the restaurant...great...works canteen now?? I surveyed the premises....oh dear what a shabby neglected establishment it had become with wallpaper torn..furniture recovered in a completely mismatched fabric and a distinct dirty smell about it.

Then a waitress with a couldn't care less attitude came over and enquired if we were ready to order..I looked up to see a rather unkempt waitress with a sullen face. Whilst I don't expect to be served by someone with a designer dress on...I don't expect a waitress to look like something out of a greasy spoon motorway cafe who's just done a double shift!...You could quite clearly see her clothes were dirty with dirty marks up her trousers where she'd wiped her hands. I said we weren't and could she come back in 5 minutes. Within a few minutes I decided to visit the toilets where I found buckets placed where there was obviously water leaks, I entered the toilet...dirty and no lock on the door, I tried to use soap to wash my hands...no soap!

When I returned to the table....I took one look at my guest's faces and I told the waitress we didn't wish to order. The state of the establishment, waitress and the inadequate toilet facility and general cleanliness of the place completely put me off eating there. I took my guests to The Down pub on the Ludlow Rd where we had a very pleasant experience.

To the people who now run the Bandon Arms ...shame on you! the previous occupiers had a great establishment and over the last couple of years you have run this great family pub into the ground.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank ukdonnaxx
Telford, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 31, 2012

Having visited the Bandon on numerous previous occasions my latest visit (23/05/12) was soured by the NEW "Table Service" policy.

I dont want Waitress service and I don't wish to pay for it either, its a 2 for 1 so leave it as it was. On arrival I was advised to take up my table and we would be dealt with, not for me Im old school and purchased my drinks whilst standing at the bar (Its a Pub tradition to do so)

Meal eaten job done , but on reflection I will not be going back as the waitress service is factored into rising bar prices and new menu prices. . ..

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family