“rip of hotel”
Review of Parlors Hall Hotel

Parlors Hall Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bridgnorth
Parlors Hall Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Bridgnorth
Reviewed September 23, 2013

very small room tall person could have hit there head going in now food you had to ask for a fried egg then you went to then not them to you tables left with food on and plates staff very poor didn't seam bothered meal times no body there when times put up cleaners walking in through kitchen with rubbish bags

Room Tip: ask if you can see it and ok book
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed September 17, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay – the staff were helpful and pleasant but the service seemed rather ad hoc. If this had been a business trip I would have been dismayed but as a pleasure visit the rather random approach was quite amusing & certainly unscripted. The décor was nice; although the room we stayed in was rather chilly.
The big area for improvement is the breakfast – very limited choice and quantity over quality is not a good plan. A choice of brown or white toast would have been a good minimum starting point. Most full English are more varied than sausage bacon egg and weird tomato.
I would definitely-revisit especially if the morning’s food was improved!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I have visited the restaurant over the years with family.It was always a favourite with my parents.I haven't been for a number of years and I was so disappointed. The carvery used to have fantastic joints of meat but they now look like roasting joints from the supermarket !.It's a shame because the place is still lovely and holds good memories. The staff are still great especially Mario. I assume corners have been cut on the food quality which is something you can't do if you want people to return.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nadia1955
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Having booked on the phone was told we had Room 7. On arrival was told to go to room 8. After questioning this with the proprioter was given no reason for this. My wife and i entered a room which was borderline jail cell. After tripping over a four inch high doorstep we entered a windowless attic. A dark room and a dark bathroom. There was a kind of hatch which resembled a sunroof in your car, the only source of natural light. The room sloped off, you could only stand up straight in the middle. You had to literally kneel down to reach the kettle which was tucked into the very corner where the sloping roof meets the floor.The bathroom measured about 5 foot square and somehow a toilet, wash basin and shower had been squeezed in. The shower was unusable. There was yellow residue in the base that resembled the dip you get with poppadoms. There was no white sugar, just demerara, not nice in tea. After a lovely day in Bridgenorth we returned for evening meal. I paid £12.95 for sirloin steak. It arrived with chips and 2 burnt cherry tomatoes. No peas, mushrooms, onions, side salad, nothing. This should have warned me about breakfast, but id paid so gave it a go. It was self service. After toast and tea i approached the self service area. There were five things to choose from, bacon, sausage, beans, tomatoes and scrambled egg. I asked the proprioter if she would do us fried eggs, the answer you can probably guess, it was no. The sausages were cooked on one side only and i dont like tomatoes. So i ended up with 2 rashers of bacon and beans. Hardly a full english. There were no mushrooms, hash browns, black pudding or fried bread. The only plus about our visit was the excellent barman who was very chatty and prepared to serve us into the very early hours. So we only had to spend about 3 hours in our room.

Room Tip: Avoid the attic, room 8
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank paul g
Reviewed July 18, 2013

The Parlors Hall Hotel is suitable for all ages, we were made to feel very welcome as soon as we arrived, the rooms were immaculate and plenty of towels plus tea and coffee facilities in the room.
The Hotel has an amazing bar which is full of character that adds to the charm of the Hotel, the staff could not do enough for us.
The Restaurant is light bright over looking sculptured gardens, we had a buffet breakfast which was served on warmed plates, a really fabulous choice to suit all tastes.
I shall be returning again with my daughter, and will definitely be staying at the Parlors Hall Hotel

Room Tip: rooms over the garden will be quieter but we stayed on the front and did not have any problems with...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank TenerifeCheshireuk
Reviewed June 25, 2013

The hotel is well situated in Low Town with its own car park. It is an old, historic building and is well decorated with nice bedrooms and very enjoyable breakfast. The view from the bedroom isn't great (supermarket car park) and the bar doesn't provide real ale but overall we had an enjoyable stay and found the atmosphere very pleasant. Although I have turned 70 I am very capable of carrying a suitcase up and down flights of stairs but the hotel wouldn't be suitable for anyone less fortunate than myself.

Room Tip: If you are elderly or disabled ask for a ground floor room.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Hadley94
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Visited Parlors Hall Hotel for Sunday Lunch on fathers day. We were both greeted by Sandra who was very helpful and attentive. The vegtable soup starter was excellent and was piping hot. We both opted for the Carvery which had a choice of three meats and fresh veg. I think the Chef's name was Mario and he actually came upto the table to see if everything was ok, and yes it was! A two course sunday lunch was £10 each and dad even got a free bottle of wine to take home as it was Fathers Day. The restuarant is a little dated and the plates they use, well lets say I remeber my nan having the same pattern, but all in all it was clean the staff were well mannered the food was good and honest and extreamly good value for money!! Well done it was my first visit to Parlors and will not be my last!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank JimpJames
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgnorth
The Old Vicarage
#1 of 1 in Chelmarsh
The Woodberry Inn
The Woodberry Inn
#5 of 28 in Bridgnorth

Been to Parlors Hall Hotel? Share your experiences!