“2 years on and just as bad” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Parlors Hall Hotel

Parlors Hall Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bridgnorth
Parlors Hall Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Bridgnorth
Southampton, United Kingdom
“2 years on and just as bad”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here as part of a group so didn't have a choice, although believe me, I really wouldn't stay here through choice (see my review of 2 years ago!) There was actually somewhere to park this time and I received a pleasant welcome from the young male receptionist. I'd booked a single room but was 'upgraded' to a double, room 11 at the back of the hotel. Light airy room but smelled strongly of damp and the rickety old windows were soaking wet with condensation. I put the kettle on to make a cuppa but the milk in the room was off (as it also was 2 years ago when I stayed here!) and the teaspoon holder had thick brown grime in the bottom. The bed was reasonably comfortable, but I think they'd bought the bedding in about 1973! There was a semi decent flat screen tv fixed to the wall, but when you turned it off with the remote control, a bright blue light proceeded to flash, so much that I thought there was an ambulance in the room! So, I still had to get back out of bed to turn it off at the wall switch. The front of the chest of drawers was absolutely filthy, and the wardrobe was a bodge job made by an un-handy handyman. Bathroom ceiling was filthy and covered in cobwebs. Taps were broken. Breakfast was passable although the waitress was.....interesting. Everyone who entered the restaurant went and sat down and she immediately asked them to move to a different table for no apparent reason! The toast was slightly warmed bread, but the cooked-to-order poached eggs were superb! Bridgnorth is a beautiful, interesting little town but this very poor hotel lets it down. I'm amazed its still in existence!

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank BlueRuby67

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
wrexham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

My friends and I have been coming to Bridgenorth for the last 3years on golf trips as Bridgenorth has an abundance,of top class golf courses at really reasonable prices to play.We stop at the Parlour as this is now part of our trip because of how well they look after us.All the staff at the hotel are first class,look after all our needs and we are all on first name turns.The breakfast is superb and Lee behind the bar makes sure our glasses are always full in a great atmosphere either chatting to the locals or watching the latest sport.Cant wait for the next trip!

Room Tip: Sleep to Pauline on reception and she will advise you on the best rooms available
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Bangor, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

I recently stayed here for one night, and wasn't sure what to expect considering the mixed reviews.

Positives:
- We arrived quite a few hours before check in time, but our room was ready and so we were allowed in early.
- The staff were quite friendly and helpful
- The bar was nice, as was the breakfast area, and breakfast was very good.

Negatives:
- The room wasn't 100% clean; it wasn't filthy, but there were a few cobwebs around.
- The bathroom didn't have a power shower, just one of those showers that connects to the taps.
- The toilet didn't flush properly.

If I happened to be in Bridgnorth again I'd potentially go back, but I'd ask for a room with a proper shower.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
north wales
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2012

We stayed in the parlours for a long weekend away with friends and we were very happy with the experience. Our rooms were clean and tidy as was the rest of the hotel, along with the friendly and efficient staff, and the food, which was excellent, the breakfast being enormous, made our stay in the area a most pleasant one. I would recommend a visit any time.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
South east, uk
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

I have just spent a wonderful weekend staying at the Parlors Hall. The staff and particularly the young barman were very efficient and friendly. My room was clean and comfortable and for the price you pay, is definitely value for money. I am a seasoned traveller and I cannot fault this small country hotel and hope to stay there every time I visit this beautiful town.

Room Tip: I have stayed in rom 1 and room 2 which are both facing the carpark. Both were excellent. Ps ther...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2012

We stayed in Parlors Hall for one night as part of a wedding party. The room is quite spacious, small bathroom and definitely could do with some refurbishments. There was a tea and coffee making facility in the room, however; the milk was green and mouldy. There was also an iron in the room with no ironing board. When we asked reception for one, we were told they couldn't help with our request! Parlors Halls reminded us of Fawlty Tower, in particular when we saw the receptionist became a barman and then a waiter.

Our opinion of the hotel got even worse after we left. I forgot to pack my phone charger which I realised the next day. Straight away I rang the hotel and the lady I spoke to checked the room and confirmed they had the item. I then asked for the phone charger to be posted. To be fair, I did expect to be asked to pay for postage as Parlors Halls is a small hotel. I was, however; taken a back when asked "But how are you going to pay me?" in such a rude way. Nevertheless, I said I can pay either by card or cheque.

I waited for 2 weeks and there was no sign of the phone charger. I subsequently emailed the hotel directly, explaining the situation and asked them to confirm if the charger has indeed been posted. Yes, you guessed it. There is still no sign of the phone charger and no response whatsoever from Parlors Hall.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank cdwc

Travelers are raving about these Bridgnorth hotels

Shifnal,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2012

My husband and I spent 11th February 2012 celebrating my husbands 70th Birthday at the Parlors Hall, we were a little worried after reading the nasty remarks and were thing of cancelling thank goodness we didnt. The staff were wonderful the food was very good value for money the wine excellent and not over priced. Our room was lovely, the bed the most comfortable we have ever slept in at any hotel we have stayed. Our thanks to Mario for helping make our stay most enjoyable. I would recommend this hotel to anyone for the food and good value for money.

Room Tip: ask for a four poster
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple