“Pub food”

Old Castle Pub
Ranked #3 of 101 Restaurants in Bridgnorth
Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Good, Home cooked Pub Grub.
Ipstones, United Kingdom
“Pub food”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

We went here for a quick meal whilst in Bridgnorth working. The reviews will tell you it is excellent. It is, as long as you take it for what it is. A Pub. To say this gets better reviews than anywhere else in Bridgnorth speaks volumes for the standard of eateries here. We are used to much better. What you get is wonderfully friendly staff and locals, huge portions, and no nonsense, limited menu pub food at a bargain price. If you're looking for outstanding restaurant fare, neither this pub, nor Bridgnorth are worth a visit.

Telford, United Kingdom
“how a pub should be”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

We went here on a Sunday lunchtime to meet members of our family. The atmosphere was bustling but we had reserved a table in advance thankfully. We had a friendly reception from the bar, with a good selection of beers & advice on them. There was a carvery or an extensive menu available - with plenty of choice so we struggled to choose. As others mentioned on here the portions were huge & all the food seemed freshly cooked - despite this hardly any of us managed to finish due to the amount & we did not take starters beforehand! This is just how a pub should be - friendly service, good value & great meals. Keep up the good work!

“Good food”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Have read some amazing reviews and had a lot of people tell me how good the food is here and as I haven't been into The Castle in a few years I was keen to see what it was like since I last came here. Glad to say the pub hasn't changed massively since the last time I was there, amazing range of real ales and wines and the fire was blazing while the football was on, really nice atmosphere.

I ordered the lamb shank, mash, peas and gravy and what can I say, it was faultless. In fact the worst thing was not being able to decide which meal to choose off the menu as I stuggled to decide because there were so many dishes that sounded tasty - I will have to go back again to try them all!!!

Lovely evening, great atmosphere, excellent food. Miss eating here at your peril, personally I cannot wait to come back again! One final thing - it may be best to book a table in advance, we went on a Wednesday evening and there was only a couple of tables free, which again shows the popularity of this pub!

“Great food”
Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

After reading the other reviews, what more can I say! I didn't quite believe the size of the portions until they came out so be careful ordering starters and a main unless you have a very big appetite. We got there quite early in The day (right on midday) and we could easily get a seat but it got a lot busier towards 1pm so make sure to get there earlier to guarantee a table. Good value for money and nice friendly service.

1 Thank Peter S
Hinckley, United Kingdom
“Proper pub”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Old castle inn is what you call a pub,nice and cosy excellent food,nice ales.Me and my wife had a lunchtime meal my wife had the homemade goulash which was so tasty and fresh and red hot.I had the delux cheeseburger which was very nice,next time in Bridgnorth do visit this lovely charming pub we will.