“Less than average”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of NomisRestaurant - CLOSED

NomisRestaurant
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
London, United Kingdom
“Less than average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

Invited a friend for Lunch,decor drab,no pepper mill on the table,I had been informed by several people that the food was good.Pate was passable,tiny bit of fish.Simon was charming,what more can I say,for the same money I prefer to eat in the city of London where everything is spot on.I would not go a second time,as less than average.

• Visited February 2013

Shropshire
“great food. but room very cold”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

took wife here for suprise treat. Very welcoming and went straight to table. immediately noticed room was cold, very cold. had 4 course meal which was amazing. neuveau cuisine style but adequate portions. Bit of a wait between courses but we guessed this was due to food being prepared individually. Very expensive meal however- should have been at leadt £10 less than ghe £45 per head we paid. we will however go back for special ocassions - but in summer when the place will be warmer

1 Thank sapbloke
Wolverhampton
“A very talented Chef!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

We have dined at NOMIS many times now, Simon is a very talented chef and the food he produces is amazing! I do not say this lightly, I am a regular diner at many Michelin starred establishments, including some of the best in the world such as The Waterside Inn, I think some people forget that Simon, who worked with Glyn Purnell at Purnells in Birimingam, has opened a restaurant of his own, in a very difficult economic climate, with limited funds, I think he is a very hard working, excellent chef, and I think for people to complain about waiting a while for freshly cooked, quality food really need to think before submitting bad reports! I can highly reccomend this restaurant, I entrusted our Christmas Day Lunch to NOMIS, and we were looked after superbly, the food was outstanding, and we had a lovely Christmas Day! Try it for yourself is what I would say, and trust me, it's good!!

• Visited December 2012
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Can't wait for our next visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

Our first visit was on a Saturday lunchtime. The food was lovely, great flavours and good portion sizes. Service was very welcoming and friendly. Good value for money. We will be going back very soon!

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank mjcvh
Bridgnorth, United Kingdom
“Yet again excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

Yet another excellent meal. A group of 7 of us and a baby and we were all made to feel very welcome. The service was brilliant and the food was. I think between us we tried most of the meals and everyone was very pleased with it. For a 3 course Sunday lunch it was excellent value for money. Thank you :)

• Visited December 2012