“Have never felt so looked after”

The Kings Head Bridgnorth
Ranked #1 of 103 Restaurants in Bridgnorth
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 15, 2013

My boyfriend surprised me with an overnight stay even though we only live 45mins away.

He hasn't booked but intended for us to eat here after many recommendations. We were treats like VIPs. Got a last minute table in the bar but were offered the chance to move a number of times to a warmer spot etc.

The menu read well, my boyfriend had 'the best steak he has ever eaten' and I had the only veggie option but it was delicious nonetheless. The atmosphere and staff were great and we ended up staying here for the rest of our evening, moving to the Stables later on where we sat upstairs in a lovely room and it felt romantic without any pretense. Loved it all.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

We were in Bridgnorth for a 40th party and arrived at about 3.30pm, we were all hungry but worried that now where would be open on a Saturday afternoon at that time. We stopped and tried and also rang many places in Bridgnorth and there wasn’t anything serving food until 6pm! We happened upon the king’s head & stable restaurant whilst driving through the centre and how pleased are we! The wife went in first to make sure they were serving meals, after a couple of minutes she came out with a big smile saying it looks lovely in there and they are still serving food. We parked the car and went in and we were greeted by some lovely staff and 2 large open fires. We seated ourselves in a small room next to the bar which appeared to be set up as the restaurant right in front of an open fire! The menu was small but appeared to have everything you could want from a pub menu. I ordered the Lamb which was absolutely superb; my Wife had the Salmon which she also found to be excellent. We split a chicken dish between to the two children, I also tasted their chicken and that was also excellent! I cannot say enough good things about this place, the fires and the food would draw me back every time I was in the area. I just wish this pub was round the corner from my house rather than being 2 hours away because I would eat & drink in here every day!

Reviewed December 6, 2012

The King's Head is a busy and welcoming pub that fits in well with its surroundings in the attractive market town of Bridgnorth. They serve a good selection of local ales including micro-brews and have a varied and interesting menu from pub grub to gastro-pub options.

Through the door the staff have a friendly, unfussy and helpful attitude. You're seated at solid tables in comfortable high-backed dining chairs and your food order is delivered in a timely manner given that it's clearly not the pre-cooked fare that you often get in restaurant pubs.

As for the food it's well prepared with attention to details that really matter: the veg selection with my pheasant was perfectly cooked, dressed with a dash of good olive oil (nice touch!) and my partner's fish goujon sandwich arrived on very tasty home-made (or locally baked?) bread. If I were to be picky the hand-cut chips were only average compared to the rest of the food.

Top it all off with well kept beer, good house wines and all-round excellent service: we'll be back!

Reviewed December 1, 2012

We eat here regularly & the food is always excellent. The choice of menu is full & varied. Lots of specials including fish dishes. However we usually have the Fillet Steak as it is always spot on - cooked to perfection with options of delicious sauces. The service is generally very good.The owner is very attentive & knowledgable & is always very welcoming.There is the option to eat in The Kings Head Restaurant or The Stable Bar which is usually more lively, often with a local band or musician. Roaring fires in both restaurants add to the ambience.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

We were fortunate to get the last table available, which was in the bar and near the open fire. Heaven after the rain outside! The service was faultless - friendly, attentive but not over the top. The star of the evening was the Shropshire lamb: I am not a big meat eater, but savoured every mouthful of this delicious meal, perfectly slow-roasted and luscious. We'll definitely return.