“Worth a visit”

Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Bridgnorth, United Kingdom
“Worth a visit”
Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

Just had a very nice midweek meal here today. My choice of the hot Naga spiced masalla was perfect and the wifes creamy chicken tikka choice was too, both were qualify offerings along with the fragrant special rice and cheese and chilli nan.

1 Thank JeffEJeff

Pattingham, United Kingdom
“Excellent and varied menu”
Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

We are spoilt for Indian restaurants in easy reach of us and have tried most. We decided to try Saros due to the good reviews and I am glad we did. A little difficult to find but parking in the main town meant a very short walk. Unimposing from the outside, inside it is bright and clean although small. The popodums were some of the best I have had, light and very crispy with a new sauce, well new to me, like a salsa. The menu was refreshing in that it was not the normal list of "standard" meals. The starters were large and very tasty. The mains arrived promptly with piping hot naan bread. Once again the food was excellent. We will be going back

1 Thank Russ_Hore
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Excellent Indian with a different choice of dishes”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I went to Saros on a quiet Monday evening and had a very enjoyable meal. We chatted a lot to the owner as it was quiet and snowy and the whole experience was very pleasant. It is nice to find a restaurant of this type with a slightly different style of menu; most having a fairly predictable list of menu options. I would certainly go again as and when I visit Bridgnorth

2 Thank Tom B
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Friendly, Consistent, Homely”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Consistency is the watchword. Consistently friendly, consistent cooking to a good if somewhat homely standard. Very good value for money and one of the few restaurants worth visiting in a poorly served area. If you are looking for an Indian Restaurant in Bridgnorth, this is the one you should seek out.

2 Thank Markphr
Telford, United Kingdom
“Looks deceive.”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Thought we would try this curry house based on the TA reports, we found and visited it in the dark.. It could only be described as a portakabin type building up a side street! But staff were friendly, all 4 of us had different dishes..... And the food was some of the best and flavoursome Indian I have had for a long time, the food was in fact, excellent.
What was very noticeable was the sauces served in the dishes... I have noticed on a regular basis that Indian restaurants generally have pools of oil or water that separates from the main curry dish when it is served indicating too much oil or the sauce has been watered down. Not here, all four of our very different dishes held it's consistency, no oil or water... Just good quality food.
Decent size bottles of ice cold Cobra (660ml) too!
I have become bored with Indian food over the past couple of years, this visit has rekindled my curry/naan cravings.

3 Thank andyove