“One of the best b&b's I've stayed in.”
Review of The Bear Inn

The Bear Inn
Ranked #23 of 28 Bridgnorth B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Arrived about 12:30, greeted by bar staff (male 20's was polite and courteous) and was told payment wasn't taken due to a possible card error so paid the £50 room rate in cash there and then.
Was given keys to room and shown how to gain access after closing time but the landlady (lovely woman btw) said i could have a choice of rooms and took the en suite, which was immaculately decorated with a b&b's style.
Bed was super comfy and room was looking out into the street.
Shower and toilet were sparkly clean and I'd I had to say something bad about it instead of just singing praises....the shower pressure was a little weak and check out and therefore the check in perhaps a little later...but that's it.

Would highly recommend The Bear as a place to stay and if I ever stay in Bridgnorth again, this is where I would want to stay without a doubt.

Didn't spend much time in the pub as was out with a friend but pub had large tv with sky sports playing, a good choice of real ales and draughts and perhaps if I had gone under different circumstances i would've had a drink.

All in all a very good stay and a credit to the pub.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Gooner1982

Reviewed May 9, 2013

On 22 April this year (2013) we had a three night stay in this delightful pub. We had room 2 booked through Late Rooms.com.
WE were made very welcome, nothing was too much trouble. The room was clean with usual tea/coffee makng facilities. The bed very comfortable. Decor charming. Everything to make for a pleasant stay. We would certainly book and go there again.
All the staff we met were helpful and friendly
Breakfast was great - so good I had to ask for slightly less on our third morning and my wife redesigned her meal without any trouble.
The pub is excellently situated for exploring the town which we enjoyed very much.

Room Tip: If you are tall the shower is a bit low in room 2. Can't speak for the others.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Peter E
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Two Booked rooms at the Bear Inn to only find we had been let down by one room being double booked, due to some one paying a higher room charge. Regular customers do not seem appreciated. When spoke to Phil the manager we were greeted with an unhelpful and arrogant attitude and had we not have paid for the room we would have left. We received no apology. But the manageress wanted us to order breakfast. No phone call was made to make us aware of any problems. I will not be spending another penny in a public house when customers are spoke to like rubbish. The bar staff have also got bad attitudes. Also the Management need to get facts straight when making decision.

The only good thing to say is that the bed was comfortable. The eiderdown had brown marks on which we found this morning. A needle was found in the bathroom when my partner had a shower. The bin had not been emptied in the bathroom. Insufficient toilet roll in the bathroom.

Yes we booked a room in a pub but being aware of what time the bar closes would be useful, no itinerary in the room. The pub was also full of underage customers when we returned at 11pm. Two young men were playing on their phones and were not interested in customers. Anyone could have walked in.

We will not be staying there again the management need to realise that customers are valuable and should be appreciated.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
6  Thank RaeleeLindop
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Over two months ago i contacted the Bear Inn to book a double room with En-suite for the my wedding anniversary. I made sure i had contacted them and booked the room early because of the bank holiday weekend. When i booked the room the girl confirmed all my details including the room information but never asked for payment details, I asked the girl whether payment was needed to hold the room but i was advised that i could pay on the arrival date. I was very worried about this so asked the girl to contact me back if payment was required and i could give my details there and then. No phone call back so stupidly assumed my room was booked and i could pay on the day. BIG MISTAKE!!!!!!!
I contacted The Bear inn today to confirm my booking for this weekend and I was told by a gentleman that my room had be re-booked too a large party as no payment was taken. I informed the gentleman that payment was offered but i was informed that i could pay on arrival. I asked why nobody had thought to contact me before they re-booked my room and check if i was still having the room and explain a mistake had been made, I would have paid for the room over the phone. This weekend was important too us. We have tried to get another hotel in bridgenorth and all over but because its a bank holiday weekend there is no room available.
so THANKS to The Bear Inn for ruining my anniversary weekend. Think you staff need retraining.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank johnlinzi
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Wasnt planning on staying, But enjoyed a few too many local ales to drive and so checked in.
Was made to feel very welcome and the room was very nice indeed!
The rooms are comfortable, clean and very nice and warm.
Only one thing was the 10am check out on a Sunday morning which hurt my head a little (But then that may have been the beer from the night before)
Thank you for a lovely stay.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Have stayed in Bridgnorth many a time, but on New Years Eve, we stayed at the Bear for the first time. Arrived quite late and obviously as it was new years eve, the pub was very busy, but the owner made us very welcome.The room was quite small, but had everything we could possibly want. The bed was extrremely comfortable, a good, working flat screen tv, tissues, sewing hit, toiletries and a lovely tea tray.
Spent a good few hours celebrating around the many, welcoming pubs that Bridgnorth offers, at midnight, the square around the town hall clock was bursting, a great atsmophere.
The Bear had a good group playing..
Woke up to a hearty full English, including eggs from their own chickens.
A cracker of an olde English pub with brilliant B & B facilities. Thank you

Room Tip: Bridgnorth is a a busy little market town with lots of pubs, many with live music, go somewhere quie...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Stayed in "The Bear Inn" in Bridgnorth for one night in October 2012, and were only sorry for the fact that we did not have time to extend our stay. This Hotel is situated right in the centre of Bridgnorth High Town, Minutes walk from the Town Centre Shops, Restaurants, Sightseeing and The Cliff Railway, which gives access to the Lower Town. Parking is available to the rear of the premises.We stayed in Room No 2, which was elegantly and quaintly furnished, and full of olde world charm, yet offerred all the modern day conveniences, including ensuite facilities, with piping hot water, and complimentary Tea, Coffee, and Biscuits. After a great nights sleep in the cosy comfortable beds, we were treated to a sumptious breakfast,(opted for full English) including all the trimmings. Personally we found the owners, and staff very friendly, welcoming and accommodating. If you are looking to get away from the Clinical sameness of modern day Hotels, "The Bear" is a lovely old coach house type Inn, offerring personal attention, and Bridgnorth is a beautiful Town to visit - try it for yourself...

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family