“Brilliant”

Ye Olde Punchbowl Inn
Ranked #8 of 28 Bridgnorth B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Met up with friends for a meal could not fault it food service and atmosphere first class would defiantly go back again good venue could not do enough to help even though they where busy thanks to all.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
PunchbowlInn, Owner at Ye Olde Punchbowl Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

Dear Trip Advisor member,

Thanks for taking the time to write a positive review, I am delighted that we met your expectations and you enjoyed our food and service.

I hope you see you again in the near future

Reviewed September 21, 2013

I had a party there recently. This is the second time I have used this venue and I was just as impressed again.
Food was superb. Hot and cold buffet. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff. Lovely function room which was ample big enough for our needs

Definately be going there again!

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for the nice review I am delighted that you had the confidence to use our function room to host your party after been at one of your friends parties last year with us.

It was great to plan your special event with you and the event was a resounding success

We hope to see you again and thank you for taking the time to write another great review

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Amazing entertainment, great food, service, excellent accomdation wish my home was like this ! fantastic.
I will definitely be coming back for the Bat out of hell tribute in October . Many thanx to the Punchbowl team.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
PunchbowlInn, Owner at Ye Olde Punchbowl Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Many thanks for taking the time to write a great review, I am really glad you enjoyed the tribute act just hosted 12th September. We do tribute events most months so we look forward to seeing you on the Meat Loaf tribute featuring Chris Halford.
You review has been shared with all the team and hotel maids, its had a great impact on morale, we look forward to welcoming you again in the future!

Adam & The Team

Reviewed September 7, 2013

We made a visit once again to the olde Punchbowl Inn at Bridgenorth for a Saturday lunchtime carvery. Once again the food was excellent . They managed to reserve us a table at short notice. The vegetables and meat cooked to perfection and plenty of choices of veg and meats. Staff as always very pleasant and obliging. Thank you once again for a lovely meal

Room Tip: Don't take our word for it, try it for yourself. You will not be disappointed.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
PunchbowlInn, Owner at Ye Olde Punchbowl Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2013

Dear Trip Advisor member,

Thanks again for a lovely review it really is reassuring that you frequent our establishment often and have nothing but positive things to say :) which of course is a credit to my team whilst I am helping out at our sister venue at the moment.

We hope to see you again and thank you for taking the time to write positive reviews.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Had a lovely three course meal at the punchbowl on Friday evening, . The service was second to none. The staff were all very attentive without being over-bearing. We all agreed the food was very nice, all three courses were exceptional. , needless to say Harry was the best he looked after us so very well.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Many Thanks for your nice review, I will of course pass on your comments to Harry as well. I am delighted that you have enjoyed your meal with us and we hope to see you again in the future

Reviewed August 8, 2013

Visited on Monday. There was only one waiter who was serving drinks and fetching food from the Kitchen.

The menu did not have a lot of choice, so I went for the Pate to be told they didn't have any, they didn't have any duck, or any Potatoes Dauphinoise.either. There was no Cavery either.

The food came out and was hot, (That's good) Chips are hard frozen things !, that's just my personal choice.

I really think your menu needs updating, as it is very basic. We used to be a regular visitor, but we will give it a miss from now.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
8  Thank richard s
PunchbowlInn, Owner at Ye Olde Punchbowl Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to write your 'terrible' review having read the contents I also would like to take this opportunity to address some you your comments

Firstly we don't only just have one member of staff on duty running the business, we are a busy Inn and could not cope with only having one floor member of staff! What a bizarre comment!

In the eight years we have owned the Punchbowl we have never operated carvery on a Monday evening this is mentioned over the phone, highlighted in our menus/flyers and any advertisement we make. (Carvery is available any other day/evening excluding Monday's)

In terms of missing items, you are correct we ran out of ONE product, but the pate was a Terrine as mentioned by the John the waiter who served you, there was a full extensive menu available for you to choose from.

We also use Mc Cains Gourmet chips which are purchased from our reputable supplier and they are ranked the best chips money can buy, and are expensive! I will apologise they are not to your liking but I can assure you a lot of our customers compliment the quality so you are in the minority.

Our menu is updated every 4/5 months based on the seasons and customer feedback and we dispute it's basic as most dishes are enjoyed by the hundreds of dishes served weekly

I think your review is little too subjective and inaccurate, it saddens my team and I to read this review based on your 'terrible' experience especially when we work so hard towards customer satisfaction and industry standards, its a relief the food was hot :)

It also proves how easy based on this review and other subjective reviews to post inaccurate/malicious comments, we aim to please all our customers that frequent our premises it's a shame you didn't express your disappointment on your departure!

Having carefully studied the contents of your review it also makes my team and I question if this review is genuine, if you would like to get in touch to discuss your experience please don't hesitate to ring 01746 763304 and I will gladly discuss this further.

Yours Sincerely

Reviewed August 3, 2013

The staff today 3rd August '13 were wonderful and the one lad even smiled
The food was delicious the drink was tasty
The pigs behaviour was a little bit naughty o say the least
we will be back again time soon

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Roger R
PunchbowlInn, Owner at Ye Olde Punchbowl Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Dear Trip Advisor member,

Many thanks for your positive review I must admit I did not understand the comment about the pigs so after some research my FOH were in fits of laughter and knew exactly who you were :)

It also made me laugh you were not the first to 'alter' the piglets in the window sill and I don't think you will be the last lol Well there is nothing like a bit a good laugh whilst dining out!

We hope to see you again and thanks for positive review

Kind Regards

Adam & Chris (Your server)