“My kind of place”

Ranked #5 of 48 Restaurants in Carnforth
Cuisines: British, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Our chef creates meals based on good country cooking with a modern twist. All ingredients are sourced fresh every day from local markets and suppliers. We are open for Breakfast, Lunch, Afternoon Tea and Evening Meals. On a Sunday we have a traditional Sunday Roast served all day.
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I've been to the Longlands several times in recent months, each time with my wife and friends. There is a huge choice of seating both inside and outside. What struck me the first time and still does, is that the place seems to have a definite buzz to it, and seems to cater for virtually anyone's style or needs.

The cooking is imaginative and genuine, and is served by staff who are very accommodating and who seem to be having fun themselves. Yes, the restaurant/pub serves very good food and the mood is relaxed and jolly. Thus, I certainly plan to keep on coming!

1  Thank Bigfish44

Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

After recently buying a pad at the nearby south lakes leisure park we found this place. Varied menu and all 7 of us choice differently and agreed the food was very good. Will eat here again

Reviewed July 30, 2013

This was my first visit here with four of my colleagues. I have to admit; everything was excellent about this place; the quality and variety of foods, the service, the atmosphere, and the drinks, all at very reasonable prices. We all enjoyed it very much.

It is a must to visit if you are in the area.

1  Thank Mike W
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Took my family to celebrate my birthday, 6 adults 4 children we all had different meals which everyone enjoyed, good selection of dishes well presented, very tasty and good sized portions, excellent and friendly service particularly from Amie and Lizzy, good selection of wines and beers
there was also a wedding taking place in the function room but this did not affect the food or the service, an all round good evening enjoyed by all, and would recommend for a casual meal special occasion or large function.

1  Thank James P
Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

The Longlands restaurant offers good local cuisine in an airy and relaxed setting. There are two deli boards and a dish of the day, in addition to their standard menu. The food was fresh and well presented. Wine by the glass was reasonably priced. Waiting staff were friendly and efficient. Recommended.