“Such a shame”

Ranked #1 of 1 Bakeries in Carnforth
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed November 12, 2012

My husband and I came in here once last summer when they were still in the small unit and although the staff were friendly and the cakes looked lovely, it was extremely difficult to ignore the bluebottles and wasps which were flying in through the open door and crawling all over everything that wasn't covered. Needless to say we changed our minds and left.
We've not been in since they moved into their larger unit this year however it does look like quite an improvement. They now do wedding cakes (although I don't personally think much of their designs). Unfortunately this summer we have seen bluebottles and the like trapped behind the glass when we've looked in the window so I guess not much has changed.
While I understand they cannot control insects, they can find ways to protect exposed food from them with see-through/mesh covers or by fitting one of those dangly-strip door covers in the summer when it's hot and they want to leave the door open.
I think they have the potential to be a lovely place - lots of people seem to enjoy visiting but sadly until we see less in the way of pests, my husband and I can't bring ourselves to visit again.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

This cake shop seems to have lost its way, apart from cakes it is selling meat, sausages and pies, plants and cut flowers, bric a brac and even pieces of furniture. It should really stick to what it knows best because the standard of their cakes has truly fallen over the past year.

1  Thank JungerSchwung
Reviewed October 30, 2012

What a wonderful find - so glad I made a special trip to Ingleton to find Frumerty and Fluffin after a personal recommendation from a friend .
A warm welcome and the most amazing cakes and home baking...and very generous portions .
I travel over to the UK via Heysham nr Lancaster and now, whether driving north south east or west, there HAS to be time for the picturesque drive from Lancaster to Ingleton to sample to delights produced in this family run foodie haven.
Gorgeous vintage pieces displayed around the shop which are for sale at reasonable prices too, local free range eggs for sale, simply a delight for the senses, and wonderful savouries and cakes to enjoy on the premises or to take away.
On my second visit, I surveyed the counter full of cakes and spied a beautiful looking Victoria Sponge,or so I thought....
OH no...it was actually a fresh cream scone with strawberries, supersized to share....and tasted every bit as good as it looked.
I will be back, and if I lived down the road I would be a very regular visitor !

Reviewed October 27, 2012

My Wife and I have visited this place on numerous occasions while in the dales.
They produce the most amazing cakes and savories every day by hand. You can even stop and have a cuppa in their themed retro tea shop.
Simply Wonderful with great Service as it should be.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

This is a cake shop cafe not to be missed The only problem you will have is making the decision what to have. The meat pie is to die for, the sones are somthing elce and the biggest pot of tea you could ever wish for. The service is excellent too. O yes and if that was not enough we took home some real old fashioned triful. Cant wait to return.