“Best Chinese in B-L-S”

Ricky's Cantonese Restaurant
Ranked #22 of 44 Restaurants in Carnforth
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: http://www.yell.com/b/Ricky's+Cantonese+Restaurant-Restaurants+_+Chinese-Carnforth-LA58BQ-3813999/index.html
Lancashire, United Kingdom
“Best Chinese in B-L-S”
Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

Great food always enjoy, lovely crispy duck... Either take away or eat in. Can be slightly on the pricey side but still good.

London, England, United Kingdom
“Special birthday meal OK, but not fantastic”
Reviewed May 8, 2014

I visited this restaurant for the first time for a 40th birthday meal. Whilst the food was OK and some was excellent I did not find it as good as the Chinese restaurants around where I live in Orpington, Kent. There were five of us in our party, including two teenagers. The chicken satay skewers as a starter was very good, the prawn balls with sweet and sour were good, very different to what was expected and the dimsum prawn pancakes were OK, but rather greasy. Surprisingly, for the main course the egg fried rice was served in individual dishes, rather than a bowl to share - it was not that good though. We had two duck dishes, one with ginger and pineapple which was excellent and another with cointrou and orange sauce - this was OK, but the crispy duck in it was not that good. The others had a sizzling steak dish which they all enjoyed. The sauce was very sweet. Limited choice for dessert, as would be expected. Ice creams were fine and I had a banana fitter which was good, but again they cooked it whole rather than in small pieces.
There was nothing wrong with the meal as such, an enjoyable evening was had, but will not be rushing back next time I'm in the area.
The restaurant also does a good trade in takeaways which are 20% off the main menu prices.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank anne4brown
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Chinese cuisine at its best.”
Reviewed May 3, 2014

Called on 1st May for dinner and had one of the best Chinese meals since Hong Kong. We started with the Imperial dim sum which we altered to incorporate the Peking style ribs, all the platter was fresh and piping hot but the ribs and their sauce were to due for, probably one of the best sauces I have tasted, not too sweet and tangy from what tasted like an infusion of orange. For mains we had Char Sui and Chicken with green pepper and black bean sauce complimented with rice and bean sprouts. Once again all dishes were piping hot, very tasty and kept warm on table hot plates. To follow we had toffee apples, they were absolutely perfect, writing this has made me hungry again, I'm going back.................. Staff make you feel welcome and service is excellent.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Dennis O
Carnforth, United Kingdom
“Large party gatherings”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

I have been to this establishment on many celebrations from retirements to birthdays and it has always been excellent. We usually have a banquet which has a variety of dishes coming, coming and still coming. You will not go home hungry or disappointed. I am msg intolerant and as long as you tell them before hand they will advise you on what dishes you can eat and do you a special one. I am always glad when I get invited to a celebration here the staff are so obliging and pleasant.

• Visited January 2014
Morecambe, United Kingdom
“18th birthday meal”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

My family went to Ricky's to celebrate my sons 18th, food was excellent, fresh and a wide selection. The bill was very reasonable and real value for money. The 2 staff who served us were very polite, helpful and professional, they were called Aiden and Jack. We will definitely go back

• Visited March 2014