Don't often get time to write a review but as a group of six and having had such a fabulous weekend break wanted to show our appreciation of the site and the staff. Being a group of friends living in different areas in the North West this was central for us to meet up. The directions and attention to detail on location and how to access the property ment we all arrived with ease. The key safe system was so handy not having to waste precious time going to reception to collect keys etc etc. There were leaflets available for things to do in the area and a really useful housebook providing information about local attractions and numbers in case of emergency. There was a 24 hour service available albeit as everything was great we did not need to use it. All to often we have been on holiday and find things are not provided and you cant get in touch with anyone! We had phoned the office before our arrival and spoke to Shirley to check that towels and hairdryer etc were provided and the service was excellent.
We stayed in a 3 bed property which was very clean and comfortable. It is a real home from home experience and as the properties are open plan we were able to socialise at all times. There is a good pub on site with a varied menu for restaurant and pub grub. One of our guests is a keen fisherman so we all had fun taking part in the marina outside and on the canal. Before arrival we had reservations of the M6 being close, but when you are in the property you cannot hear any noise from either the motorway or other guests on site. It was all very peaceful.
We will definately return again in the summer to do some more of the local walks as the site is surrounded by countryside and on the doorstep to the lake district.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tewitfield Marina is a purpose built hamlet with its own luxury holiday accommodation complex. Situated in Carnforth on the Lancashire and Cumbria border alongside Tewitfield Locks on the Lancaster Canal we provide our guests with the perfect place to stay with easy access to some of Britain’s best loved countryside, with both the Lake District and the Yorkshire Dales being less than half an hours drive away. There are four different types of holiday apartment available, all 1 and 3 bedroom apartments have balconies or terraces with views overlooking the Marina. Most of the 2 bedroom apartments have Marina views unless stated. Some of the apartments are dog friendly too so please enquire on booking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Tewitfield Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tewitfield Marina Hotel Carnforth
- Tewitfield Marina Carnforth, UK - United Kingdom