“More than you Expect(Sometimes!)”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Pine Lake Resort

Pine Lake Resort
GreenLeadersSilver level
Preston, United Kingdom
“More than you Expect(Sometimes!)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2014

The Lodge had everything you could want in terms of facilities, the site was very clean and the overall feel of the place even in darkest winter weather was very good. However the issue that surprised us most was the quality of the Restaurant. It is a long time since I have eaten on a British Lodge/Caravan site but memories are not good. Apart from serving the red wine a little too chilled, this was a good meal, well presented and delicious. We had a range of meals with two Seniors and two children and ourselves and we were all pleased with the meal.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
diamondresorts, Manager at Pine Lake Resort, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Thank you for your kind comments.
We are glad that you enjoyed your lodge and your stay with us.
We will be sure to pass on your kind comments to our food and beverage manager to pass to the team.
We hope you will visit us again soon.
Resort Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (262)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2014

Only had a 2 night stay but would have loved to stay longer! The lodge had everything from a tv in the bedroom to a fully equipped kitchen. The over looking view of the lake was beautiful. The beauty therapist was amazing, well worth the money spent. If you visit this resort I highly recommend you go for a massage 10/10
5/6th February Lodge 246

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Leemorts
diamondresorts, Manager at Pine Lake Resort, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Thank you for sharing your positive review, we are glad that you enjoyed your stay. We are looking forward to hosting you again!

Morecambe
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2014

I Booked a Studio Apartment Here for one night as a surprise for my Boyfriends Birthday, When we first got there the staff were very polite. Everything was explained like the route to the lodge, tea time menu & times, was also asked if we was wanting to use all the facility's like the gym/pool etc... although that was something i was not intending to do.

When we arrived in the lodge, I was surprised how cosy and warm it already was, The bed was made perfectly, The Room was also Spotless & I couldn't believe how well thought out everything was, There was a mini hand held hover, Ironing Board, Heated Towel Rails, Iron, Spare Towels/Toilet rolls, Phone incase you needed room service etc... There was even a Docking station, well i suppose what i am trying to say is you wouldn't have needed to leave the room to ask for anything as it was already thought through by Diamond Resorts.

I would definitely Recommend here! I got a room for £22.50 and for the price i was not expecting luxury! But this was more than expected it was lovely 100X better than any Hotel and more than half the price!!

Also we did eat in the restaurant, It was a little bit pricey but well worth the money and as far as customer service is concerned it was brilliant.

One thing i would say the studios could do with it an Oven, Me and my Bf went for tea around 5 then watched some films & Tele until around 2.30am, It would have been nice to have whacked a pizza in or some hot munchies :)

i will definitely be back!!

Room Tip: I stayed in Studio 25 and that was brilliant, although i imagine they are all the same :)
1 Thank Hannah I
diamondresorts, Manager at Pine Lake Resort, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Thank you for your kind review.
We welcome all suggestions so we will take your comments on board.
It is great to read that your apartment was kitted out with all the equipment you may have needed during your stay.
We will be sure to pass you comments with regards to the restaurant to our food and beverage manager.
We will hope that you will be back to visit us soon!
Bedford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2014

Just got back from a 4 night stay at Pine Lake in a studio apartment. It was well furnished, cosy, warm, comfortable & spotlessly clean. It was well-equipped with just about everything you would need, but the microwave could have done with an instruction leaflet. The reception staff were friendly & helpful.
The bar & restaurant were good, serving reasonably priced food & drink in pleasant surroundings. I must mention that the glasses sparkled! Apparently it is a separate business from the apartments, so you are unable to charge to your room bill.
My only criticism is the lack of room servicing - on the 3rd morning they knocked to ask if we needed anything. In a complex of this standard, I think the rooms should be serviced daily.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Many thanks for the lovely review you decided to post for the benefit of our potential future guests, we are pleased to know that we have delivered good standard of service and accommodation to you and hope that you will consider us for your future bookings!

Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I are just coming to the end of a 4 night stay at Pine Lake and all in all we have had a lovely relaxing break. Our only criticism is the way we had to go through Sales to get restaurant vouchers we were entitled to.

We booked through Travel Zoo and bought two vouchers. Each voucher was for a two night stay with £20 restaurant voucher and free bottle of wine.

Upon check in we were given one bottle of wine and were told we would have to see Sales for the restaurant voucher. We went to see Sales at the designated time but were told no one was available. They then turned up a hour later at our Cabin door. My husband answered it as I was putting our evening meal out. The Sales Man then stood there for 5 minutes trying to persuade us to go to a 'free' breakfast to hear about what Diamond Resorts have to offer. My husband was being very polite and explained we weren't interested yet the man persisted even though it was clear we were waiting to eat and he was letting all the heat out of our lodge! In the end I had to be abrupt with him and tell him we were not interested and he left.

On the third day, the start of our second voucher, I went to reception and asked for our second bottle of wine and restaurant voucher. I was given the wine but again told I needed to see Sales for the voucher. I politely explained I just wanted the voucher I was entitled to and not a sales pitch. The receptionist advised he would advise Sales of this and would ask them to come find me in the Games Area to give me my voucher. I was in the Games Area over an hour and no one came. I went back to reception and they said they would go to speak to Sales again. By this point I was not happy and asked why I had to speak to Sales when it didn't say anywhere on my Travel Zoo voucher this would be he case. The receptionist just told me that it was a 'new thing they were trialling.' In the end, Sales turned up at my lodge some time later, gave me the voucher and left.

Other than the issue with the sales pitch we really enjoyed our stay.

We weren't given one of the newly renovated lodges promoted on Travel Zoo or Diamond Resorts websites but for the price we paid we were happy. The lodge had a well equipped kitchen with all the things I needed to make a 3 course meal for 4.

The leisure centre is lovely. Some people have criticised the cleanliness and heat of the pool but I thought it was very clean and that that the pool was warm.

The restaurant is lovely. Prices very reasonable and portions huge! I got veggie enchiladas one night but asked for one to be put in a box for me I bring back to the lodge as I had two full enchiladas on my plate, plus hips and salad! Our waitress was lovely and was more than happy to put in a box for me.

My favourite part of my stay was my visit to the Spa, Claire Louise Beauty. The most affordable prices I have ever seen in a spa; £25 for three treatments (each treatment 20 minutes). I had manicure, back massage and scalp massage. I upgraded my manicure to gel one for a small additional fee and ended up in there 1hr 40mins. So relaxing and enjoyable.

I would definitely return again, probably with the girls for a relaxing weekend and to take advantage of the lovely spa again....I would just avoid Sales!

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank goodymanchester7
Thank you for taking the time to write this review.
We regret to learn that you were somewhat disappointed with your contact with our sales team. We assure you that we do not advocate hard sales approach as we feel that there is no need for one. We would like to apologise to you should you feel that you have been contacted excessively, or that you booking agreement was not fulfilled in a manner you may have expected it to be.
Having said the above we are glad you enjoyed your apartment and it met your holiday needs.
We are also of course happy to read that you enjoyed taking advantage of the onsite facilities.
We will look forward to your return visit.

Alexandria, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

I would like to thank all the staff at Pine Lake Resort for such a wonderful stay. My wife and I visited for 3 nights. Prior to our arrival a phone call asking if there was anything we would need when we arrived. This was excellent service which only got better. The reception staff were very helpful and welcoming, with a phone call to check we had settled in and we had everything we needed. The accommodation was first class and very clean. We then booked a table for dinner in the restaurant and again the staff made us both very welcome with excellent service, we returned there the following two nights due to the service. The bar staff and Sam our entertainment again made us fell very welcome. This is a resort that we have already told friends and family we should return to. Thanks again to everyone and we hope to see you again in the near future. Kind Regards Billy & Carole Jordan Loch Lomond, Scotland

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
diamondresorts, Manager at Pine Lake Resort, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Thank you for your kind comments - especially referring to our team, we do strive to offer the best customer care and we are glad to know that you were not disappointed. We hope to see you coming back in the future!

colne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

we have just come back from a two day weekend break from pine lake resort carnforth. we had a lovely time. the lodge was amazing and nice and cosy and warm with a great location. we are already looking to book again soon. the staff was friendly and welcoming. we had a complimentry breakfast which was nice. we had a lovely view of the lake as we came out of the lodge onto the balconey where was greeted by ducks in a morning and afternoon. if your looking for somewhere to relax this is the place to go as theres plenty to do and there is a spa for the ladies if you fancy a pamper day as my wife went to the spa for a relaxing time. for the men there is a nice bar or a heated swimming pool and a gym for both generations. we couldnt hear any noise whats so ever as it was nice and peaceful.

Room Tip: great room and try pay a little more for a two bedroom lodge as it was lovely.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
diamondresorts, Manager at Pine Lake Resort, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Thank you for your kind comments.
We are thrilled with your comments and will be sure to pass them on to our team.
It is great to read you took full advantage of the onsite facilities.
We are sure other travelers will take advantage of your tips on our resort.
We will look forward to seeing you again soon.
Resort Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carnforth
Thurnham Hall
#9 of 11 in Morecambe
Abbot Hall Hotel
Abbot Hall Hotel
#10 of 10 in Grange-over-Sands

Been to Pine Lake Resort? Share your experiences!