Myself, my partner, sister, her partner and parents travelled to Pine Lakes for a Friday - Sunday stay (10th-12th Jan). Booked by a family member who is a "holiday club" member at Diamond Resorts, therefore we were never asked to a meeting trying to perswade us to join.
We were in lodge 208 and it was beautiful. Right on the Lake with only a 2 or 3 metres between the lodge and waters edge. Perfect location. Theodge its self was great, there was a double ensuite room, a twin room in which we pushed the beds together and a large double sofa bed which was really easy to open out and put away again. In the ensuite and main bathroom the showers were really hot and we had fluffy towels on heated towel rails aswell as a generous amount of complimentary shower products. The rest of the lodge was open plan featuring an L shaped kitchen area, dining table with 4 chairs (we bought in 2 from the balcony) and 2 large sofas, 2 coffee tables and a TV.
The decked balcony had 6 chairs and a large table.
I went thinking that in this cold weather in a wooden lodge it would be cold inside. It was not! Infact we had to turn the heating off.
We were celebrating
my partners birthday whilst we were there and the
in the restaurant were fabulous on the saturday
night. We had balloons and confetti on the table and the girls were so lovley and polite. The menu was large and varied. I had the Cajun chicken which was amazing. The steak pudding was apparantly great, as was the Lamb and fishcakes. The duck was said to be nice but not as nice as expected.
We spent a few hours in the games room playing ping pong, air hockey and pool which was great, the room is designed for families with small children however there were only 2 children there so we enjoyed our games without having to wait for anything.
Whilst there we spent the afternoon in the leisure center. Pool is not super cold so is great, whirpool is hot and sauna/steam rooms are great! Even sun loungers round the pool.
For the summer there are tennis courts, crazy golf and a watersports center.
Overall we had a really enjoyable time and would definatley visit this Diamond Resort again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated between the sweeping coastline, hilly countryside and village pubs of rural Lancashire, Pine Lake Resort provides a four star retreat, as rated by Visit England. It features a heated indoor pool, whirlpool, fitness centre and spa with steam room and sauna. Watersports and fishing are also available. Additional fees may apply. The Scandinavian-style lodges and cosy studios include a full or partial kitchen with hob, microwave, toaster, kettle and coffee machine. Each accommodation has a private bathroom with bath or shower, heated towel rail and hairdryer. Freeview TV, a DVD player and iHome alarm clock are also provided. Some lodges have a private veranda. The Lakes Bistro restaurant and bar provides delicious local and international cuisine in a friendly setting. For groceries, guests will find local supermarkets less than 5 minutes away in the centre of Carnforth. Wi-Fi access is available throughout the property, at an additional cost. The glorious scenery of the Lake District National Park, the Lune Valley and the Yorkshire Dales are easily reached in 30 minutes' drive. Local buses stop at the property entrance several times a day with access to Lancaster, Bowness, Ambleside and Keswick. Visit the Victorian seaside village of Arnside for a traditional bag of fish and chips, just 8 miles away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Pine Lake Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pine Lake Hotel Carnforth
- Pine Lake Resort Carnforth, UK - United Kingdom