Our three night time share experience was as expected. Very easy to locate just of the motorway and convenient to use as a base for exploring the area.
We ate in the restaurant only twice. First time at the end of our travelling day. All you could eat, inc, pizza, pasta etc. This was very average fare and just about passable as hot. The last night of our stay was from the menu. I have to say it was the best pasta dish I have ever eaten, very hot and tasty.
The weather was hot and perfect, unexpectedly nice. With a lake only a few steps from our studio apartment it was very pleasant to sit on one of the many benches overlooking the lake.
Only two gripes. Breakfast not served until 9.30, very odd time for breakfast, why not start breakfast at 7.30 or 8am? The other gripe, a constant smell of stale urine in the bathroom, very noticeable, so why not fix the problem???
We would visit again, mainly to use as a base though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated between the sweeping coastline, hilly countryside and village pubs of rural Lancashire, Pine Lake Resort provides a four star retreat, as rated by Visit England. It features a heated indoor pool, whirlpool, fitness centre and spa with steam room and sauna. Watersports and fishing are also available. Additional fees may apply. The Scandinavian-style lodges and cosy studios include a full or partial kitchen with hob, microwave, toaster, kettle and coffee machine. Each accommodation has a private bathroom with bath or shower, heated towel rail and hairdryer. Freeview TV, a DVD player and iHome alarm clock are also provided. Some lodges have a private veranda. The Lakes Bistro restaurant and bar provides delicious local and international cuisine in a friendly setting. For groceries, guests will find local supermarkets less than 5 minutes away in the centre of Carnforth. Wi-Fi access is available throughout the property, at an additional cost. The glorious scenery of the Lake District National Park, the Lune Valley and the Yorkshire Dales are easily reached in 30 minutes' drive. Local buses stop at the property entrance several times a day with access to Lancaster, Bowness, Ambleside and Keswick. Visit the Victorian seaside village of Arnside for a traditional bag of fish and chips, just 8 miles away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pine Lake Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pine Lake Hotel Carnforth
- Pine Lake Resort Carnforth, UK - United Kingdom