we have just returned from 3 nights here , 4 adults. The lodge was huge and would have been comfortable for 6 adults. The check in was quick and staff were pleasent,although didnt go out of their way to help when we asked about somewhere to eat as it was 9.15pm and the resturant shuts at 9pm, we googled and ordered from a local a pizza take away in carnforth which was delivered direct to our lodge door that was great.
We ate in the resturant on friday night as we planned to join the quiz in the bar, but our food took close to an hour to arrive so we missed it. The food was nice and reasonably priced the wait time was awful and the resturant wasnt even busy.Real shame as it was the only negative thing we had in the whole time we were here!!!
On Saturday we went to the pool and were pleasently surprised by the sauna and steam room as well as the jacuzzi. The facilites were lovely and clean , they are small so i would imagine in high season it would be cramped, But for us was lovely.
The views from the logde are fabulous, we were literally 2 meters off the lake the swans and geese came up to the patio if you sat outside, obviously expecting food.
we were told we werent in a refirbished lodge but we really couldnt fault it!! It was very very clean, only thing that would have been of benefit would have been the option to have a double in the room that has twin beds, it wasnt a major problem as we pushed the beds together but would have been a bonus.
We really liked this resort and it was very reasonable for 3 nights worked out around 45 each for 4 adults.We would definatly visit again in the summer with family and kids if the cost doesnt increase dramatically.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated between the sweeping coastline, hilly countryside and village pubs of rural Lancashire, Pine Lake Resort provides a four star retreat, as rated by Visit England. It features a heated indoor pool, whirlpool, fitness centre and spa with steam room and sauna. Watersports and fishing are also available. Additional fees may apply. The Scandinavian-style lodges and cosy studios include a full or partial kitchen with hob, microwave, toaster, kettle and coffee machine. Each accommodation has a private bathroom with bath or shower, heated towel rail and hairdryer. Freeview TV, a DVD player and iHome alarm clock are also provided. Some lodges have a private veranda. The Lakes Bistro restaurant and bar provides delicious local and international cuisine in a friendly setting. For groceries, guests will find local supermarkets less than 5 minutes away in the centre of Carnforth. Wi-Fi access is available throughout the property, at an additional cost. The glorious scenery of the Lake District National Park, the Lune Valley and the Yorkshire Dales are easily reached in 30 minutes' drive. Local buses stop at the property entrance several times a day with access to Lancaster, Bowness, Ambleside and Keswick. Visit the Victorian seaside village of Arnside for a traditional bag of fish and chips, just 8 miles away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotel.de, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Pine Lake Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pine Lake Hotel Carnforth
- Pine Lake Resort Carnforth, UK - United Kingdom