“Lovely food, smiling staff”
Review of The Blue Mallard

The Blue Mallard
Ranked #2 of 27 Restaurants in Burscough
Cuisines: Contemporary, British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Blue Mallard located at Burscough Wharf; a unique, canalside development in the heart of Burscough town centre, is owned and run by Chris, a local lad who is passionate about great food and top-rate dining. With a menu boasting a whole host of regional foods and traditional dishes, refined to the highest standards, and given a contemporary finish, The Blue Mallard sets itself apart from any other restaurant in the area.Whether it is a light bite, a lazy lunch or a special weekend treat you are looking for, The Blue Mallard promises something for everyone, delivered in a comfortable and relaxed environment.
Reviewed February 28, 2013

We came here last night on a Travelzoo voucher. Neither of us had been here before but we'll definitely come again. I had scallops then monkfish...delicious, my girlfriend had chicken parfait then lamb...also delicious. All 3 waitresses worked hard all night, and always had a smile on their faces. The music was acoustic & set the atmosphere off perfectly. They also have an early bird menu £12.95 for 2 courses. We will be back.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Dined recently in evening using a travel zoo voucher. Have been here on several occasions both for lunch, dinner and a private party. Continues to meet high expectations. Attention to detail second to none. Ambient atmosphere. Pleasant hard working attentive staff. Superb food.
I could contiune to wax lyrical on this place but would just suggest you go and experience it for yourselves. Well done Chris and co on creating such a sublime dining experience. See you again soon whether voucher offer or not!

Reviewed February 23, 2013

We went to the Blue Mallard for the first time last night , Saturday 23rd February 2013. We were met by a friendly member of the front of house team (who worked tirelessly all night), and shown to our table. There was an excellent 'specials board' to choose from as well. The smoked haddock, black pudding and poached egg was superb said my other half. my Goats cheese fritter, fig and chutney fab. for mains.. a huge plate filling fish arrived, with home made chips-perfect, I had the braised beef ( which must of been the most tender I have ever had!) mash and veg, our plates were cleaned. I asked our waitress what type of beef it was, she wasn't sure so said that she would ask chef for me, then came out with almost step, by step cooking instructions from chef "thank you" Although it wasn't needed, we shared a baileys white chocolate cheese cake for desert. Yummy. Great evening, we will certainly be going back again. I mustn't forget the fabulous guitar player too, excellent.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

My husband and I visited The Blue Mallard on Saturday evening at 7pm initially on a Travelzoo deal, I rang the restaurant beforehand and kindly they let us go in the evening and deducted £29 from our bill(thank you), we drove over from Manchester so abit of a drive but well worth the visit. I had a smoked haddock,black pudding with a poached egg starter, superb, and my husband had fresh scallops and he loved them. Our main courses was Ribeye steak and I had Duck, again superb and presentation of both our courses was lovely so was the service by the lovely young waitresses. We will definitely return to this restaurant, lovely evening.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

We tried a Travelzoo deal for The Blue Mallard and were very happy with whole experience. We might not found this lovely restaurant otherwise but we enjoyed ourselves immensely. The food was well prepared & served exactly as we wished. The service was attentive & efficient. It is very likely that we will return, maybe to try one of their Friday night music sessions. The menu looked tempting & reasonably priced. So full marks