Heskin Farm
  • Pool
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
TripAdvisor
All reviewsone nightstayed herelittle gembig tablefarmhouse kitchenfull englishshort walkgreat breakfastbaconenjoyed our staycomfortable roommany timescharlotteleshostsaccommodationpubs
Reviewed September 16, 2012

If you are looking for a warm welcome comfortable bed and a great breakfast all at value for money,then stay at Heskin farm,We had the flat with our two children great facilities and everything you could need.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Caroline S
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Came here very last minute as a stopover for the Southport Airshow on the Saturday night, 8th September, so I could attend both days. My room, room 3, was comfortable and clean and, even though a double, I only paid the £32.50 single room price! Excellent. Prices are cheaper Sun to Thurs too.

I didn't actually arrive until about 7pm, but Charlotte immediately made me feel at home by advising me of local places to eat, of which there are several. She mentioned the Hop Vine, which is highly recommended itself on Trip Advisor and rightly so ( see my review ). It is barely half a mile's walk from Heskin Farm. Please be advised that the address given on Trip Advisor is, slightly confusingly, "Burscough, Ormskirk" but is in fact at Burscough Bridge.

Beds are very comfortable and slept with the window open all night, so traffic noise was minimal ( the property is on a quiet country lane ). Tea and coffee were on offer together with a packet of biscuits. For those with hair, there was a hairdryer hung on the back of the bathroom door and an iron and ironing board on the landing.

Breakfast is indeed a communal affair, but as a Northerner born and bred, I actually enjoyed the experience. Also, there is no sausage, but the back bacon is superb and you get two big rashers, which more than compensates, in my opinion. I'm sure if I'd asked I may have got sausage but it isn't really necessary. I wished I could have stayed longer but had to leave by 9am to get on the train to Southport Airshow Day 2.

Thank you very much Les and Charlotte. I may well be returning soon with my partner and my son.

Room Tip: Room I stayed in was up a flight of about 8 stone steps, so may prove difficult to the infirm, but there may be other rooms at ground floor level.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 29, 2012

We ( family of 5) stayed in the mezzanine flat which was excellent value for money, full kitchen with tea/coffee making facilities, fridge, washer/dryer etc. Large bathroom, dining table and flatscreen tv with 3 piece suite. Had a lovely breakfast.... The only minor complaint was the lack of sausage with the full english. Overall, very good and would definitely recommend staying here,

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Stayed here twice now due to proximity to Ormskirk, it has always been a pleasure to stay here. Owners are friendly and helpful, the rooms were always tidy and clean and the bed was like sleeping on a cloud! Breakfast was superb. Cannot fault it.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Enjoyed meeting the owners but accomodation was very average and not cleaned one day. Might stay again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple