“Buon Appettito”

Keats Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Ampfield
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Surrounded by Hampshire Countryside, Keats restaurant is located in Ampfield, half way between Winchester and Romsey. Easily Accessed from Chandlers Ford and Southampton. The restaurant provides the perfect environment for an intimate dining experience while also offering ample accommodation to cater for parties and functions. We have 40 years of catering experience behind us and are always moving forward with our traditional experience and contemporary outlook. Our talented and creative team will give you confidence in all aspects of your dining experience.
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I was taken to the restaurant by my ddearly beloved for my birthday treat. Reception was excellent, very warm and friendly and, even though we were early, we were shown directly to our table althought we could have had a drink and ordered our meal from the small reception area. I had the crespelle with mushroom and spinach filling, served with a white wine sauce followed by a mixed fish dish. My other half had two fish dishes; both main meals were offered with a selection of very well cooked vegetables; I asked for a side dish of spinach - no problem at all. As a trat we ordered a desert of Zabaglione which, as is right and proper, prepared and served at the table from a gueridon. Excellent and first class service. The waiting staff were pleasant and well trained. The owners were attentive without being obtrusive abd, quite, clearly loved their establishment.

I recommend this restaurant most highly but it is not cheap. Be prepared to pay a little over the odds for very, very good food and service.

4  Thank Bill C

Reviewed February 21, 2013

We were looking forward to visiting Keats, having heard some good reports. What a disapointment! Very average and expensive to boot.

3  Thank Julian G
Reviewed February 16, 2013

A warm greeting with smile is allways asured at Keats. All the staff have a wonderfull apprieciation of quality from the menu to the wine and the service. A delicious meal and great evening are assured

Reviewed January 27, 2013

28 of us visited this wonderful restaurant to celebrate my husband's 60th birthday. Everything about Keat's is fabulous. The food is to die for. Daverio, Donato and all the staff make you so welcome and are so friendly, helpful and yet unobtrusive. Everyone in our party commented on how delicious the food was. Some were new to Keat's but I know they'll go again. We have been using it for years and we will keep going back.

1  Thank southamanda
Reviewed January 23, 2013

A cosy family run italian restaurant.
Owners are very welcoming, let us know all daily offers.
We opted for fish for starters and mains as well, because they resource them from the market.
Absolutely delicious!
Unfortunately they are a bit pricey, but a nice treat on an occasion.

1  Thank AgotaSouthampton