I attended a wedding event here on the weekend of November 17th and can't fault the hotel at all. We had a deluxe room on the ground floor and it was clean, well presented and comfortable. The staff were courteous, friendly, made every effort to welcome us and check in was quick and easy. The event itself was well managed, the staff coped admirably with our rather exuberant party! Tables were cleared like magic, the food was good, can't fault them. Breakfast was plentiful and the staff filled empty platters promptly, nice to see a cooked breakfast with variety where the bacon isn't full of flaccid uncooked rind! Good selection of drinks, the dining area was clean and relaxed. In all, no sign of the 'tired, dated' decor mentioned by previous reviewers.
The staff were even happy to leave us draped gingerly, nursing hangovers, on the sofas in the reception for a good hour after check out!
A lovely stay made perfect by fabulous staff. Thank you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You will find Potters Heron Hotel nestled in the heart of Hampshire, near Winchester, Romsey and Eastleigh,and recognise it by its distinctive gabled thatched roof and traditional features. The hotel is located just 3 Miles from IBM HQ .Once inside guests can relax in one of our 53 comfortable bedrooms or enjoy the attractive surroundings of our contemporary refurbished bar restaurant over a delicious meal and chilled glass of wine. Within easy distance from major roads [M3 J12] The Potters Heron is an ideal venue for all occasions, be it business or pleasure.The Restaurant features informal lunch and dinner, with freshly cooked seasonal changing specialities, both regional and international. In the summer we have an "al fresco" sun terrace with wide umbrellas available. In the winter we have a cosy log fire to warm you up. Open 7 days a week from 9.30 Am til late, our large restaurant bar is stocked with international lagers, quality ciders and 3 Hampshire Ales on tap, a large wine selection lists wines by grape variety which enables you to select your favourite wine by flavour, either by the glass or bottle. Sunday lunch with succulent roasts from 12 - 3pm Morning cappuccinos from 9.30 Am, afternoon tea, espresso and liqueurs for the evening. Last orders at 9.30 Pm. Plenty of free parking and free Wi-Fi throughout, THE meeting place in the green....... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Potters Heron reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Potters Heron Hotel Ampfield
- Potters Heron Romsey
- Potters Heron Hotel Romsey