“A pleasant surprise. Nice hotel.”

Village Hotel Manchester Ashton
Reviewed July 1, 2011

Despite the impression given by the M60 so close you can almost touch, the Starbucks in the lobby and people in shorts coming in and out of the gym/spa, this is a classy hotel with nice atmosphere.

Sorry to say I threw a wobbly in the dinning room/restaurant because I didn't like the only table they had for us. But the staff were great and our whole meal was transferred up to our room and it turned out to be a lovely evening. Both Sam and Sarah at reception were great. Thanks to both - we had a great weekend!

Our room was very quiet - no reason to think the other rooms are different. Clean bathroom with walk-in showers. The wifi works.

By the way, the drive into Manchester was around 15mins.

Room Tip: Tricky to find the hotel - use your satnav etc
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
WilliamsVAM, General Manager at Village Hotel Manchester Ashton, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2011

Dear Guest

I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at De Vere Village Manchester Ashton and thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor.

I am sorry that you did not like the particular table in the restaurant we had available at the time you wished to dine, however, I am pleased that the issue was resolved with room service.

With regards to your individual comments with regards to my employees, Sarah is our Reception Manager and Samantha our Reception Team Leader .
I am very happy to hear that you were pleased with the service they provided during your stay and I will certainly make sure I pass on your thanks and positive comments.

Email: mark.williams@village-hotels.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,930)

Reviewed June 28, 2011

All I want to say is the hotel is pretty good but I had an issue in my room and maintenance came about 2 hours late and were un interested when I told them

• Stayed: June 2011

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of the De Vere Village Manchester Ashton on Trip Advisor.
I am delighted that you were impressed by the Hotel.
With regards to the maintenance issue, you do not mention what the problem was or whether it was fixed, although you do state that maintenance did attend to your room and I assume that the issue in question was resolved.
I would be very grateful if you have any further information on this, if you could let me know.
Thank you once again for taking time to write this review.

Reviewed June 22, 2011

I can't believe other Stockport hotels get a higher rating. For business particularly, I don't think this can be beaten.

There is a free health club, a Starbucks, a good restaurant and a pub.

The only slight let down is the rooms themselves. They are big, but mine showed signs of age and a slight lack of cleanliness. Also there was just a shower and no bath.

None of this would stop me staying here again though.

• Stayed: June 2011

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review.

I am very pleased to hear that you were impressed with the facilities that De Vere Village have to offer and that you enjoyed your stay at Manchester Ashton.

I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you again to De Vere Village Manchester Ashton in the future.

Reviewed June 22, 2011

The hotel itself was not bad but if you need a room bigger than your closet this is not the place for you. There was no closet even in the room and they wanted to charge you a additional 20 pounds for a room with a closet. I know rooms are small in Europe but my friend from Brussels even said it was small. Bed was a wheels and it moves easily. Kicked my big toe on the metal, had minor surgery to repair it weeks later. Had a clogged sink, which was corrected, but it should of been corrected before I checked in and not after. Breakfast came with the room charge. Got tired of the food after a few days, they never changed it during my two week stay.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for everything you want.
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review of the De Vere Village Hotel Manchester Ashton.

I understand that you felt the rooms were smaller than you required and I was very suprised by this.
I would like to assure you that our rooms are of a size that you would generally expect to see in many UK Hotels and I am sorry that the you felt this was a negative point of your stay with us.
Our Executive room types which are of a larger size are available at a £20 supplement, however, had we been aware that you were unhappy with your room type or that you had indeed injured yourself, I am confident we would have rectified this for you.
With regards to the Food & Beverage within the Hotel, there are three Dining Options to include Verve Grill Restaurant, Victory Pub and Starbucks.
I am very sorry that you felt there were not enough options in terms of food during your two week stay.
We do have 'specials menu's' available in the restaurant every evening and our Chef's are more than happy to accommodate any specific requests if they are brought to our attention.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write this review and I am sorry to hear that there were some points which you felt had a negative effect on your stay with us.
I do hope that if you have occasion to stay in Manchester in the future, this will not deter you from choosing to stay with De Vere Village.

Reviewed June 19, 2011

I stayed once before previously to this date with my partner and had a lovely experience. We stayed two nights in June 2010 for our Aniversery.We decided to come back to this hotel for our 2nd anniversersry as we had such a lovely time last time,the rooms and staff were excellent.To our disapointment on our latest visit we were not greeted with smiles as last time ,the receptionist only gave us information about breakfast and the total price of the rooms and papers in the morning which we said NO to .We had no offer of resterraunt booking or information of other facillities as last time and when we did go to our room we were very disapointed that we had been put in a disabled room wich had a very low bed ,very low sink and bath. WE we were not warned of this prior to arriaval and would not have accepted the room if this was the only option we would have changed the nights. My partner rang down to ask if we could have a NORMAL standard room (Which is much suited to a tall non disabled couple ) He got told plainly' its just the same, its just got bars and lower furnishing!' when we asked further they told my partner they were fully booked that night. No offer of moving rooms or anything.I then rang back and asked if we could possibly move tomorrow night they repeated what they had said to my partner and then said they could move us the next night. We accpeted to to stay in the disabled room until the next day as far as we knew the hotel was fully booked. We then decided to try out the verve grill that night (which we enjoyed so much last time). We were greeted by a lady at 8:40 who asked if we could come back at 9 ,we did so. We wre asked about drinks only ordered them and as far as we know he went of to get them as he didnt ask about food or say he would come back to get our food orderd again no added info in this case about the two dine for 29 deal ,soups of the day ect so we just orded two glasses of wine of our choice.20 mins later we had no drinks i had to go and ask a young lady member of staff if we could have our drinks,she was very apologetic but then to be told we couldnt have the drinks we orded only the house wines on the list for it to be included in the offer of two dine for 29 .The young man who was clearly just clearing away glasses whist we were waiting for 20 minuites, gave no apology and walked past us on several occassions whilst we were waiting . We then went back to our room feeling rather let down so far ,to then find out we couldnt turn the tv on as it had not been left on stand by and the tv controlls were hidden under the pannels and pbviously we didnt know how to acsess it ,we rang reception who came to fix the problem they turned the tv on and said 'ok?' that was it .We then found that the remote didnt work and needed new batteries so we went down ourselves to get the batteries to be told they had none so suggested we would just have to leave the pannelle of and turn it over by hand ! .There were some hen parties on that night and obviously we had been put amongst theml as we heard shouting, loud laughfing and on going banter in the corridors all night from about 11 to 2 in the morning, we hardly got any sleep! Would have rather stayed at home to be quite honest that night . Next day we asked about our room change, there was no apolgogies or ask about our nights stay from the recetionist she just said 'well they will be servicing now, nothing will be ready just yet' We had to ask when to come back. When we did come back the room was lovely much more attractive and what we were expecting of of STANDARD DOUBLE ROOM .We had a much better sleep the second night .Noise was minimal ,although still quite loud when there was .We were prepared to consider it, just a bad night because of the buisiness .Untill the next morning, when we were not welcomed with a smile by the same recetionist at check out we were we were not asked how our stay was and just went through pay details ,they then tried to charge us over ten pounds of newspapers we had not asked for but had been placed outside our door anyway and we got the response back ' oh how strange thats what it says here'and she continued to question this with her colleuge, Which could come across and did come across to us that she didnt beleive us! She eventually acceppted this and charged us the rate we expected .We had no questions or feedback options offerd about our stay as the customer next to us had asked by another recptionist. Just a thanks and goodbye .Overall VERY disapointed with lack of staff helpfullness and freindliness ,took the shine of our experience on such an important occassion to us . Unfortunatley we would not stay again,shame as very luxurious rooms and facilities and food is lovely.We would have considered staying again for other ocassions but has put us off as we consider this to be very poor service from staff for a four star hotel . I would strongly suggest staff are retrained in the information and mannerisms of hotel and information they give out so that customers to insure cutomers are not put of from a lovely hotel by poor service.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write this review.

As you will be aware, I have conversed with you direct with regards to your comments.

If I can be of any further assistance in relation to De Vere Village Hotels, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed June 18, 2011

Stayed over for 1 night with colleagues from work on a night out.

The hotel has a Starbucks, a Village Pub and a restaurant so plenty to eat / drink. The residents bar closed at 2am which I imagine might be disappointing if you just returned from a night out in Manchester and fancied a nightcap. The hotel has a nice pool / sauna etc.

Rooms = 7/10 - Spacious / Modern but no wardrobe space.

Breakfast = 2/10 - Poor service run by very young and inexperienced staff, the hotel had one pop up toaster for all guests so people were queuing for upwards of 15 minutes for a piece of toast.

Value = 10/10 - Paid £50 for a Superior Double Room, cant argue with that.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
WilliamsVAM, General Manager at Village Hotel Manchester Ashton, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2011

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a prompt review of your very recent stay at De Vere Village Manchester Ashton.
I am very glad to hear that you were able to take advantage of one our weekend promotional rates and that you enjoyed your stay with us.
As you mention, the Hotel does have a variety of food and beverage options including Verve Grill, Victory Pub and Starbucks and therefore there is something available to suit most requirements through out the day.
I am very disappointed to hear that you were unhappy with the service you received at breakfast.
It seems from your comments that the standard was not up to our expectations and this is something which I will raise immediately with the Manager on duty and resolve.

With regards to the residents bar, the policy is that this will remain open while there is enough requirement for beverages.
Once this closes, alcoholic beverages and soft drinks are available via our Reception on request and can be charged to your room.

Once again, thank you for giving me the opportunity to resolve the problem you experienced at breakfast.
If you have occasion to visit us again in the future, please feel free to contact me direct and I will arrange a complimentary upgrade to your room and will personally ensure that every aspect of your stay is as it should be.

Email mark.williams@village-hotels.com

Reviewed June 12, 2011

Stayed for 1 night recently. The staff were friendly, and the room was nicely decorated, but apart from a clothes rail, I couldn't find any drawers or bedside chest for my things! The bathroom was clean, no bath, just a shower--toiletries were quite basic, shower gel (doubling up as shampoo) was from a dispenser.
Had dinner in the Verve Grill, which was quite good. However, it would be nice if the menu offered half-bottles of wine for lone diners; I noticed that there were quite a few other diners who were on their own, probably on business, like I was who may have fancied some wine after a long day.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write this review.

I am very happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stay at De Vere Village Manchester Ashton and sincerely hope you visit Ashton or one of our other De Vere Village properties again soon.

Email: mark.williams@village-hotels.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ashton-under-Lyne
Travelodge Ashton Under Lyne
Premier Inn Manchester (Denton) Hotel
8 mi away
Village Hotel Manchester Cheadle
Village Hotel Manchester Bury

Been to Village Hotel Manchester Ashton? Share your experiences!