“A lovely family run hotel.”
Review of The Broadoak Hotel

The Broadoak Hotel
Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

As a single traveller I am impressed by the warm and friendly welcome I received from the moment I walked through the door. I was greeted by the hotel proprietor at reception who was exceedingly efficient and friendly. I was then shown to my room and the lady offered to take my bags to which I declined. The room was very clean and very comfortable. I had requested an ironing board and iron and this was there on arrival and unlike some hotels the iron worked!!

I had read several reviews which stated the hotel drinks were expensive but I paid 2.90 for a glass of house red. So not sure where the expensive came from as hotels generally charge more.

Breakfast was lovely and the service quick.

Everyone chatted and made my visit warm which in comparison to a rather large chain I stay in,in Hyde a rather pleasant change.

It is a small hotel so you are made to feel like a guest rather than a number.

Would totally recommend !!!

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank chrystaltips2008

Reviewed October 26, 2012

I Stayed with a colleague whilst on Business in the area. We both found everything to be of a high quality and better than one normally expects for this price range. The rooms where large, very clean and had all the expected additional touches which are sometimes missing. The restaurant was well laid out, the menu contained options for a variety of tastes and dietary requirements (the Lamb done three ways was wonderful). The Breakfast was also a very high standard. All the staff where extremely efficient and friendly. Even the Beer was good quality and 30p less than I am used to paying. Altogether a wonderful experience, I will be certain to return when next in the area.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Stayed over night 6th october as was visiting relatives in the area .the room was lovely the staff were very helpful in the evening we had a drink in the bar which was reasonably priced and the breakfast was very tasty and filling next time were in the area we hope to stay again

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 18, 2012

We live less than 1 mile from the Broadoak but had never eaten there so thought we would give it a try. There were seven adults and a 2 year old for Sunday lunch in December. We booked the day before and were seated shortly after 12.00pm in the restaurant area. Drinks orders were taken at the table. We all mostly ate from the set menu which included pate and toast, tuna salad, melon and soup for starters followed by turkey, roast beef, lamb and salmon for main with three dishes of shared root vegetables & roast potatoes. Ice-creams, christmas pudding with brandy sauce or custard and a tarte with cream or ice cream for dessert. Coffee for some after the meal (not included with set menu). Cost approx £140 with one round of drinks (4 pints, gin & tonic, wine and a coke). We also bought drinks at the bar and paid at the bar. Service was generally good and the meal was enjoyed by all. The 2 year old had a side plate and shared with the adults. Ample car parking outside. Toilets very clean. We would go again and we have been back for a pint in the bar area.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank georgedoorsscores
Reviewed September 11, 2012

I called the Broadoak late in the day on the first day of my stay and they were very accommodating and helpful. Good sized rooms, plenty of storage space, comfortable bed, friendly locals in the bar. Would definitely go back there again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Thank you Trip Advisor for your valuable advice in choosing hotels.
My wife and I have lived in Cyprus for the past 20 years and each year we return to the UK to visit family and friends. For the past 6 years we have always used the Broadoak Hotel for our 2-week break. This year our visit was a very special one to celebrate our Diamond wedding anniversary.
The manager Robert Frost and his splendid staff exceeded all expectations in the warmth of their welcome. Their contribution to our celebration especially the wonderful party was excellent and a significant element in its success.
The famous brewery” Robinson’s named a fine new beer after Robert in recognition of his family’s 50 years association with this excellent hotel. It is called “Frostys” If you are in the area try it.
A former correspondent commented adversely about Robert being in the bar every evening. I want to emphasize that we and other guests appreciate him making himself readily available to enquire about our comfort and satisfaction with the hotel’s provisions.
This hotel for us is not just a place to stay but it is now a vital and integral part of our annual visits.
Norman & Elizabeth Kenyon

Room Tip: Any of the rooms
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Stayed here last weekend 1st-2nd September with a work colleague. Wasn't expecting the best, what a pleasant surprise ! The service from checking in was first class, remembered my name from the phone call booking in, offered to carry our bags, the carpets were brand new, the whole place was spotless and clean. Food was great, beer was very good, room was spotless. Shower was great, the bed very comfortable. Breakfast was one of the best I've had in a long time. Will definitely go back.

Room Tip: Just turn up !
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ashton-under-Lyne
Village Hotel Manchester Ashton
#1 of 1 in Dukinfield
Best Western Hotel Smokies Park
Village Manchester Hyde Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Manchester East

Been to The Broadoak Hotel? Share your experiences!