“Family Sunday lunch.”
Review of The Broadoak Hotel

The Broadoak Hotel
Reviewed September 18, 2012

We live less than 1 mile from the Broadoak but had never eaten there so thought we would give it a try. There were seven adults and a 2 year old for Sunday lunch in December. We booked the day before and were seated shortly after 12.00pm in the restaurant area. Drinks orders were taken at the table. We all mostly ate from the set menu which included pate and toast, tuna salad, melon and soup for starters followed by turkey, roast beef, lamb and salmon for main with three dishes of shared root vegetables & roast potatoes. Ice-creams, christmas pudding with brandy sauce or custard and a tarte with cream or ice cream for dessert. Coffee for some after the meal (not included with set menu). Cost approx £140 with one round of drinks (4 pints, gin & tonic, wine and a coke). We also bought drinks at the bar and paid at the bar. Service was generally good and the meal was enjoyed by all. The 2 year old had a side plate and shared with the adults. Ample car parking outside. Toilets very clean. We would go again and we have been back for a pint in the bar area.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank georgedoorsscores

Reviewed September 11, 2012

I called the Broadoak late in the day on the first day of my stay and they were very accommodating and helpful. Good sized rooms, plenty of storage space, comfortable bed, friendly locals in the bar. Would definitely go back there again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Thank you Trip Advisor for your valuable advice in choosing hotels.
My wife and I have lived in Cyprus for the past 20 years and each year we return to the UK to visit family and friends. For the past 6 years we have always used the Broadoak Hotel for our 2-week break. This year our visit was a very special one to celebrate our Diamond wedding anniversary.
The manager Robert Frost and his splendid staff exceeded all expectations in the warmth of their welcome. Their contribution to our celebration especially the wonderful party was excellent and a significant element in its success.
The famous brewery” Robinson’s named a fine new beer after Robert in recognition of his family’s 50 years association with this excellent hotel. It is called “Frostys” If you are in the area try it.
A former correspondent commented adversely about Robert being in the bar every evening. I want to emphasize that we and other guests appreciate him making himself readily available to enquire about our comfort and satisfaction with the hotel’s provisions.
This hotel for us is not just a place to stay but it is now a vital and integral part of our annual visits.
Norman & Elizabeth Kenyon

Room Tip: Any of the rooms
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Stayed here last weekend 1st-2nd September with a work colleague. Wasn't expecting the best, what a pleasant surprise ! The service from checking in was first class, remembered my name from the phone call booking in, offered to carry our bags, the carpets were brand new, the whole place was spotless and clean. Food was great, beer was very good, room was spotless. Shower was great, the bed very comfortable. Breakfast was one of the best I've had in a long time. Will definitely go back.

Room Tip: Just turn up !
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 1, 2012

I have never had any problems at this hotel. Good friendly service, very comfortable rooms and great food. I regularly use this hotel when in the area on business. I have tried other hotels in the area but for me this offers the best - not only in terms of value for money. Friendly locals to chat to in the bar area.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Got to my room didn't like a the smell of musky. Left bags went down for a wine and to ask manager to sort it out. He said sorry il get right on to it.
Leave that for know I asked for a menu (sorry sir the restaurant is open till 6) can I have a red wine then 4.50 gosh.
Then the owner came over from Chating to the chelsea director who was visiting is girlfriend.
Not bramavich or I would of been snapping shots.
Got so fed up off the servise I got my bags and walked out got a taxi to village hotel were I'm sat having a wine 2.95 I may add. Writing this review, remembering I never settled my bill for the 2 glasses of wine I had
One up for the small news paper photograghers
What they don't relies is I'm he for well over six weeks photograghing the football at old Trafford the money they have lost. Hopefully the people at village will be better so far so good ps my favourite place was booked up dam.

• Stayed: July 2012
8  Thank alistar d
Reviewed April 16, 2012

We were invited to a birthday celebration held in the function room. We arrived early so had a drink in the bar to wait for the arrival of the rest of the party. (around 50 people) We had a very enjoyable afternoon, the food was very good, and the staff were very pleasant. I saw no evidence of the content in some of the bad reviews I have read, and would go there again. (I have been twice before over a 5 or 6 year span, and enjoyed it each time.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ashton-under-Lyne
Village Hotel Manchester Ashton
Holiday Inn Express Manchester East
The Victoria Hotel
The Victoria Hotel
#4 of 11 in Oldham

Been to The Broadoak Hotel? Share your experiences!