“ammended bookings”

Travelodge Ashton Under Lyne
Reviewed November 30, 2013

I have just had a very pleasant experience with Travelodge. I had booked in for 4 nights but because I did not know if would be able to travel because of a family illness, or that I might be able to travel in two or three days time , they bent over backwards to be helpful, I was Abe to book in over the phone and given a room number , so that if I was able to go then I would have my room , I arrived on the third night , had two very comfortable and peaceful nights sleep , the next time I have to return to England I will deffinatly book in to travelodge

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank denis a

Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here with family for a night in late October. The rooms are modern and spacious, the beds are comfy. However neither of our rooms had towels, one had used tampons still in the bin and in the other the bathroom floor was covered in hair. Not sure I'd recommend this place over other budget options.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
TravelodgeUK, Amy from Customer Care at Travelodge Ashton Under Lyne, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

Whilst we are happy to hear you found our rooms to be modern and spacious and our beds to be comfortable JHOManchester, it is regrettable to learn that the room was not up to our usual high standards of cleanliness and that the room was not set up with the correct amount of towels before you arrival. We will ensure to pass your comments onto the Hotel Management team which will allow them to be able to make the necessary improvements to stop these type of things from happening again.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

We booked this hotel as we had an early morning flight to catch and we had read terrible reviews about travelodges closer to the airport so we booked here and we were pleasantly surprised. The Travelodge had clearly had a refurb which we thought had been done to a pretty high standard. It is next to a tram line and some relatively busy roads but overall it was quiet enough to sleep ok and was convenient for getting to Manchester airport. It was also very good value as we booked quite a way in advance and got a cheap deal.

Room Tip: Ask for an even numbered room if you want a quieter room, we were in an odd numbered room which face...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We have stayed here a few times and last time we was there they did not get a good review from us. We only went back this time because we couldn't get in anywhere else for the price we paid. I complained to travelodge about the price they was asking for the night and due to the run down state of the place i told them they needed a refit as they beds were awful. They told me Ashton was not on the list for a refit but after a lot of thought and the fact that we had a voucher we booked it for £30 for the night. When we arrived i asked at reception for extra pillows as they never have enough in the room. I was gob smacked to be told they had had a refit and the pillows are big and fluffy and she didn't think we would need anymore. I took her at her word and said i would be back if i did need more. Surprise surprise the beds now had 2 pillows each and they did look big and fluffy. I'm sure it was a new mattress as the bed was very comfy unlike last time we was there. The room looked better but when you looked close there was chips out of the furniture but the new bathroom door could only have been fitted by a blind man and who had no joinery skills what so ever. The door didn't even fit and where the hinges were there was a big chunk of wood missing. The door hadn't even been painted and there was screws missing from the hinges. It gave us a good laugh but they should seriously get a joiner who knows how to fit a door. Sadly i forgot to take some photos otherwise you could of all had a good laugh. The only thing what stopped me from sleeping this time was the people in the room above us who seem to stamp around the room until 3am. I did think about ringing reception or going upstairs myself but i kept thinking they would shut up soon. I fell asleep at the end out of share exhaustion. If we go back i will ask for a room on the top floor but the 1 thing that would put me off is the tram lines a few yards from the hotel. Lucky for us they haven't started to run on that section of line yet. Well done travelodge for listening to people and their complaints and making the rooms more comfortable.

Room Tip: a room on the top floor away from the tram lines
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
TravelodgeUK, Dianne from Customer Care at Travelodge Ashton Under Lyne, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

Thank you for your review AnneRuncorn. We’re pleased to hear you found our new king-sized beds to be comfortable. Although we are sorry to learn that there was an issue with the bathroom door and that you were disturbed by other guests. We ask customers to be courteous to other guests during their stay and we try to reduce noise by having insulated walls and double glazing. Our hotel staff will be made aware of your feedback so that they are able to make repairs.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

We booked this hotel as we were going to the Tesco wine fair in Manchester, parking was free anda taxi for 5 was £15 the rooms were clean and beds were comfortable excellent value for money. We traveled to America the next day it was close to the airport in fact I will stay there again and drive and park at the airport again great value for money. The tram will run in front of this hotel when it opens.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Needed something cheap and cheerful a few of us could stay at, this hotel more than met the bill. Gentleman with his hand bandaged was very helpful, all staff we met very friendly and industrious. Room was as needed and clean.

Room Tip: Apparently the trams have started up, not running when we were there, get a room on the east side to...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ashton-under-Lyne
Village Hotel Manchester Ashton
Travelodge Manchester Sportcity
Travelodge Manchester Sportcity
#63 of 121 in Manchester
Premier Inn Manchester Tameside Hyde Hotel

Been to Travelodge Ashton Under Lyne? Share your experiences!