“Fantastic”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Great food, great service very very reasonable price
Will defiantly go back again

The steak was amazing

2  Thank Chris C

Reviewed January 28, 2014

Visited for the first time last night and could quite happily dine here 3 times a week. I generally don't write reviews, as if you're open and trading I kind of expect you to be of a certain standard. However, this restaurant surpassed my expectations and as previous reviews helped inform my choice to visit, I hope I can do the same and Pinocchio's stays around for a long time.

Not only was the food really, really good (goat's cheese starter was amazing!), but it was very reasonably priced and the set price menu made it even better! Whilst the restaurant frontage is quite understated (blink and you'll miss it), looks are definitely deceiving. The staff were friendly, the place seemed bright and clean and our waiter even had a personality/sense of humour which only added to the enjoyment of our evening. I was also surprised to learn (based on previous reviews) that they are now fully licensed and it is no longer necessary (or allowed after jan 31st) to take your own alcohol. Great news. I didn't feel rushed to order/finish/leave as can often be the case and the only negative that I can find is the fact that I didn't know that it was "payment by cash only" until I handed over my card to pay. Not the end of the world but I would have preferred to know at the begining of the evening, rather than the end.

Ultimately a really nice evening and overall experience. I'm so glad I've discovered this restaurant and locally in Ashton too. I will definitely be visiting again and no doubt on a regular basis.

2  Thank Mochel
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Wow! went here tonight (28th) Jan on recoomendation of friends of mine, I must say 1 is the chef here and when he said the food was great I just had to check it out! We went on a rainy Tuesday eve and found the place facinating, the decor is lovely and the atmosphere is great even mid-week! At the time it was bring your own wine (not from feb 1st though) so made the meal very reasonable. we had the Ribs and the Mushrooms to start and then the Lamb Shank and the Salmone Di Gamberretti as mains both were absolutley lovely and nice and hot, just the way I lake it. Antonoio, the waiter was v. helpful and nothing a problem. We really thought this was 1 of the best meals we have had in a long while I must recommend to anyone, Thank you SALVATORE and ANTONIO, JOHN, you will be seeing us soon

3  Thank adele b
Reviewed January 20, 2014

as from 1st Feb 2014 Pinocchios will not be allowing customers to bring their own drinks, Pinocchios have had the drinks licence since October 2013 but have given regular customers a very fair notice of intent with regards to bringing own drinks. I have seen the drinks list and tariff and I feel that compared to other restaurants in the area the prices are very reasonable with Peroni and Moretti lager at £2.50 per bottle and a choice of house wines at £10,50 per bottle with more expensive wines available at different prices, of course the food and service when I visited was very good and in a nice homely surroundings, ive been visiting here regularly for the past 9 years, and it can be very busy, BUT the food is worth the wait,, ive seen reviews on here saying it was poor or too noisy etc, well you cant please everybody all the time, but at Pinocchios if a problem arises or you not happy with something open your mouth on the night you are there, and Tell the waiter, otherwise they cant help you if they don't know there is a problem, Overall ive found this place to be good value for money, decent food portions and friendly staff, with Allesandro the owner taking time to read all reviews, good or bad and he is always looking to improve his restaurant, so for me I love the place Thankyou Pinocchios

2  Thank 450huddrd
Reviewed January 18, 2014

I also have been going to pinocchio since it opened, food always excellent and Allesandro always looking to improve to try to accommodate as many people as possible. Read the "posh cafe" review, and I think I was there that night, and if the reviewer was honest, wasn't it the case that they brought more people they had booked for? If you are leaving a review at least be fair!
The set menu is a bargain and always great service......Recommended

2  Thank Keith B