“A fantasic home run Italian, Great food, Great prices”

Pinocchio Ristorante
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Kidderminster, United Kingdom
“A fantasic home run Italian, Great food, Great prices”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We are returnin customers to Pinoccio's and have seen it develope over the years, what doesn't change is the standard of the food and service, its always been 110%, the food has never failed to impress me, a superb menu of Italian dishes, the meat balls are delicious as are the ribs (starter), The waiter gives excellent service and manages the tables in 5 star fashion. You would not think this level of sevice and high quality oods was available walking past the restaurant, it doesn't look any different from other establishments in Ashton, but if you can get a table (and you usually have to book in advance) call in and have a great meal, there is no alcohol served BUT you just bring your own, wine/beer, if you require a mixer, you have to buy from the restaurant.. "Buon appetito"

• Visited April 2013
3 Thank John F

UK
“Dissapointing food”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

My Daughter and I visited this restaurant tonight as a last minute treat, we wanted to try somewhere new so chose this based on the reviews.
We hadn't made a reservation so the only table available was at the foot of the stairs next to the till area,
which wasn't the best area but as we hadn't called ahead it was our own fault.
This is quite a small restaurant so none of the tables are what you could call private.
We decided to skip a starter in favour of choosing a dessert. I ordered Vegetarian lasagne and when it came I dug into the middle and after the first mouthful realised it was meat lasagne, being a veggie since 1989 I wasn't impressed and almost called it a day there and then.
The waiter apologised and said there were several in the oven and the chef took the wrong one out. Ok I was put off but decided to give them the benefit of the doubt and waited for a replacement whilst my daughter tucked into her dish. Had the dish, when it arrived, been delicious I would have been fine but unfortunately it was the poorest veggie lasagne I've ever had, I expected layers or chunks of vegetables, courgette, aubergine,peppers etc but all there was were a few mushrooms but no other discernable vegetables at all, it just looked like they had left the meat layers out of a std lasagne and just filled the gaps with sauce, it was just an abundance of sauce and pasta sheets. Very dissapointing.
My daughter only ate half of her pasta dish which she said was very heavy going.
We decided not ot bother with the dessert rather then find them equally dissapointing.
The waiter was pleasant enough and other dishes coming out of the kitchen looked nice so maybe we were unlucky but we certainly won't be returning.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank TRK
Manchester
“Great Food and Service”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We go to this restaurant about every two months, I can say I have never had a bad meal there, the food is excellent and so is the service. You take your own wine, so it is never an expensive night out. It is only small but now they have opened upstairs there is more dinning available. I have been with friends and on family occassions. The king prawns are amazing. I would definitely recommend this restaurant.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank JaneofAshton
Manchester
“Lovely bring your own bottle restaurant”
Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

I went to this restaurant after reading reviews on trip advisor, and I wasn't disappointed. Nice food, lovely atmosphere and excellent service. I am only marking down as the olives were not as nice as I have had else where, and I had dressing put on my salad, which I didn't want. But other than that, the food was very nice and fresh tasting. Highly recommended and I will go back again.

England
“ok for a midweek meal”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Very small. If busy atmosphere good. No alcohol on sale this could be a positive or negative as you need to take your own. Food good

• Visited August 2012