“Guaranteed good food and a reasonably priced night out”

Pinocchio Ristorante
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Manchester
“Guaranteed good food and a reasonably priced night out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

Pinocchio has been a regular restaurant of mine for the last 5 years. You may not realise it is there as it looks quite small but it is always busy and now has tables upstairs too. You can take your own Alcohol which halves your bill and the food is much better than other Italian restaurants I have visited in Tameside. Service is always friendly and you feel welcome every time you go.
Special mentions to the ribs starter.. Best served with garlic bread to dip in the sauce!! The goats cheese in filo pastry is another fave amongst my group of friends and my fave pizza.. The pizza Vulcano! I have been told that the steaks are very good although I have not tried one myself as I always have a Vulcano!
2 days a week they have a special 3 course meal for 12 quid too.. It's amazing value.

This really does deserve to be one of the restaurants still doing ok in Ashton.

If you don't know where it is.. It's opposite the library.

• Visited January 2013

Manchester, United Kingdom
“small and friendly place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

Food is delicious in this little gem hidden away in the unlikely food emporium of ashton town centre but if you take the time to book ahead - and book you must, I feel sure you would not be disappointed. Best of all you can take your own alcohol as they have no license. This makes the bill extremely reasonable.

2 Thank spam40
“Lovely”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012

A lovely little restaurant where you take your own wine. This keeps the cost very reasonable. The food is very nice, large menu and a friendly atmosphere

2 Thank Twinmum27
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Daughter's Birthday Celebration Rescued”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

We booked for my daughter's birthday celebration at a different Ashton-under-Lyne Restaurant & found they had increased the price by 30% over their web advertised price. We left that establishment hungry but determined that they should not benefit from such sharp (& illegal) practice.

Thank goodness for Pinnochio. The manager could not have been friendlier on the phone & we knew we were onto a winner when we arrived. A good percentage of the other diners were speaking Italian & the food on the other tables looked & smelt fantastic! Our feeling was not wrong - the service, ambience & food were second to none. Between us all we sampled a decent proportion of the cuisine offered. Everything tasted great & the portions were extremely generous. The specially prepared olives through to the King Scallops in Chilli entree & Spaghetti Marinara to the Espresso coffee that I had were great. I also sampled some of my daughters Baked Goats cheese starter & Salmon & Jumbo Prawn main course (purely for review purposes you understand) - I know what I will have next time - simply stunning.

Front of house is looked after superbly by Roberto & although we did not meet the Chef - Alessandro we send our compliments to him.

This restaurant dares to be different in several ways. It is a 'BYOB' (Bring your own booze) establishment that does not charge corkage. It is cash only & is very reasonably priced. The bill for six of us came to less than £100 & we were not careful what we chose.

Needless to say, we will be returning very soon.

3 Thank Andy K
Manchester
“I requested Pinnochio be added just so I could review it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

On wednesday night me and the other half visted Pinnochio in Ashton for the first time.
For years I have drove past the place and never gave it another thought because prior to refurbishment the frontage didnt appeal to me and I had other favourites in the tameside area.

I have to say that I am glad I tried something new.

The restaurant itself is a compact, clean simple set up not to complicated or busy.
The food we had (off the midweek offer menu) was excellent I had Chicken Wings in a spicy tomato sauce (which i had to steal some Gralic bread off the missus to mop up) and melt in the mouth Lamb Shank with new potatoes and veg (the veg was still that bit crunchy just how it should be).

The staff were friendly and held conversations with us freely when we wanted and left us alone when we didnt. They even bagged up the lamb shank bone for the dog (i did pick at it before i gave it to the dog i have to confess)

I genuinely really enjoyed the entire visit and wholehearted recommend Pinnochio

I also look forward to going back again with my friends and family (not just midweek might i add).

It is worth noting that the restaurant isnt licensed but welcome you to bring your own alchohol if you like and also I recommend booking on midweek as there was no available walk in tables when we were leaving they were booked up for the rest of the night.

• Visited November 2012