“Food great, service shocking!”
Review of Harvester

Cuisines: British, Grill
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: At Harvester Ashton Moss Harvester in Ashton Under Lyne food is fresh, full of flavour and just how you like it. Choose your tasty grill, sauce and side at our restaurant and we'll get cooking - while you head off to the famous Harvester salad bar to grab as much crisp, freshly prepared tasty salad as you like.
Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

Title says it all really, food always well cooked but the staff are slow, even when me and my family arrived when place was empty still took staff 20 mins to take drinks order

Harvester R, Public Relations Manager at Harvester, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

We are sorry that had disappointing service at our Harvester Restaurant and we do appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback.
Thank you.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

A friday night to forget. My partner and I waited 30 mins for a table although we could see empty tables around, then we were seated and left for a further 20 mins before the meet and greeter came over and took our order, and god bless him for noticing us as the waitress had not even acknowledged us yet. We decided to get our own drinks from the bar and help ourselves to the salad bar, the carrot and raisin salad was off and unfit for human consumption. Our meals arrived after 40 mins and were of extremely poor quality. I had ordered the plantation platter and my partner the 'signature fish and chips', my chicken and pork were dry and tasteless and my new potatoes were overcooked with split skins and the overall plate was greasy and unpleasant. My partner's fish and chips was so overdone the batter was less golden and more brown and solid with shrunken chewy fish underneath, and also swimming in grease. There was no interaction at all with our waitress until she eventually came to clear our plates by which time we were quite keen to leave and asked for the bill, which she returned with almost straight away. Unfortunately we were left to wait a further 20 mins to pay the bill. Shocking. We promptly left never to return.

Harvester R, Public Relations Manager at Harvester, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on Trip Advisor. We were very sorry to hear that you were disappointed in your recent visit to a Harvester Restaurant and we will reply to you personally about this.

Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

We decided to try the harvester again as its about three years since we last went there for a meal. The reason we haven't been for such a long time is because we thought it had gone down hill last time we ate there and we decided not to bother again.
We went today because we thought we see if it had improved.

As far as we were concerned it had. We enjoyed our meal very much and would defiantly go again. I had garlic mushrooms and the mixed grill, both were very nice.

We are so pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable visit to our restaurant.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

The food was terrible here, there were 17 of us and only 2 liked their meal, we all had different meals. When the manager was told he said its because we were a large group and so the standard decreases!! Never heard anything so ridiculous! For example, the steak is £11 and it needed a chain saw to get into it, it was cooked medium. The chicken wrap had just 3 tiny pieces of chicken in it and cost £8 the chips looked like they'd been on the plate for days (they probably had).
The manager said we're not a fast food restaurant, no, but we should've gone across the road to KFC where we would have paid less than half the price and got better quality food. We paid £141 for total garbage, we weren't even offered a partial refund or discount.
Look at your competitors across the road which are frankie and bennys, similar prices, better quality food, better service, better atmosphere. I know where I'll be going next time.

Harvester R, Public Relations Manager at Harvester, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I have been here before about a year ago which I found good' but this time round I found it OK' Very busy place managed to get a table after 20min wait. Food took a while to come out so we mainly fed on the salad bar while we waited which also could do with other stuff adding to it instead of doubling up on both sides. The Mains came out the children's food seemed quite dried up, the men where happy with there large mixed grill, as for mine mmmm, I ordered lamb cutlets I would rather of not seen red blood could of done with a extra 5 mins under the grill I wouldn't rush back here. The menu could do with a big over haul and go for a change of food choices more on the menu of low fat and veggies !!