“An absolute jewel in a very unlikely location”
Review of Puccini Ashton

Puccini Ashton
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed May 1, 2014

I recently visited Puccini with colleagues for lunch and was very impressed. On arrival I was greeted by polite, friendly staff that showed me into the bright, airy restaurant and to my table. My immediate impressions were of a fist class restaurant the like of which I have not seen for a long time. Tables were immaculately set with gleaming cutlery, polished glasses and fresh linen. The décor was clean, contemporary, comfortable and the whole place was very well appointed. I was asked if my table was okay or if I would prefer another choice. It was perfect. Waiting for the others to arrive I studied the extensive menu with traditional Italian pizza, pasta dishes and many entrees. Frankly I was expecting horrifically expensive prices however this was certainly not the case. As well as the main menu there were daily specials and a lunch time menu. We all chose from the lunch time menu. The food was phenomenal and certainly not a ‘reduced quality’ option, as is so often the case. All dishes were well beautifully prepared, presented and my marinara pizza was enormous with an excellent selection of seafood. Impeccable service continued thought the meal however at no point did this become annoying or overpowering.

It is clear that a considerable amount of effort has gone into ‘getting it right’ at Puccini. With spot on service, fantastic food and a very well designed restaurant, I can highly recommend a visit.

1  Thank Paulo070
There are newer reviews for Puccini Ashton

Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

Lovely place to eat that's for sure (despite not being in the nicest area of Ashton) but they have done a great job of making this place look nice.
Not ideal that the toilets are upstairs though!
The service was great, we were well looked after that's for sure.
The food was good. Not amazing for the price you pay, but good.
I had meatballs, which tasted like meatballs rather than Italian meatballs if this makes sense. I like stronger flavours than this and creamier sauces.
Maybe just personal preference?
I would go again if it were for a friends birthday or similar, but I wouldn't choose here again as I think there are restaurants with better food for this price.

1  Thank Julia_Robbie
Reviewed April 21, 2014

I was at Puccini on sat evening had a drink in the lounge before the meal, food was fantastic as always ... I first found the Swindon restaurant and was excited to see the sign go on this building .... Thank you for a lovely evening

Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

My partner and I hav just returned from puccini's all I can say is WOW. The service we received was fantastic nothing was to much trouble for the waiters or the manager, they made us feel very welcome and it was a lovely atmosphere. The food was delicious probably the best italian I have ever had we will definitely return and would highly recommend it

1  Thank stacy28
Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

Had an excellent evening having a intimate dinner for two. Drinks upstairs in the bar beforehand, atmoshere was good and service maybe over attentive but I would complain if the were not. We had garlic mushrooms, garlic bread following by pasta, I had the pasta Christopher washed down with a bottle of excellent Italian Rosso, the pasta dish wasn't huge but enough for us, some nice touches with the pieces of focaccia, strawberries & chocolate brownie since we pasted on the dessert. £77 so you can get cheaper but quality was worth it I thought. Will definitely go back.