“Magnifico”
Review of Puccini Ashton

Puccini Ashton
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed November 8, 2013

We had a super meal and a great evening with our friends from Failsworth who highly recommended Puccini's looking forward to our return in December R&D Torquay.

There are newer reviews for Puccini Ashton

Reviewed November 8, 2013

I've already visited Puccini in Swinton and loved the food so was looking forward to the same here, closer to home. I was not disappointed.

You see into the busy kitchen through large windows on the right as you walk in and the aromas that hit you as you enter the door are mouth watering. We were offered a drink in the bar or straight to the table, which is what we chose and were escorted by the friendliest people to our large table (there were 10 of us) by the window.

Orders for drinks were taken and the menus distributed. There was a good choice across the board for every palate and I chose Melon with Procuito for starters, Vitello Alla Milanese for main course and Bannoffi Puccini for pud. Every course was delicious and a decent amount of time left between courses to let the last one settle before you added more. We were not over faced with massive amounts of food and all the plates went back empty.

There was a friendly atmosphere throughout the whole evening and the staff were very friendly and helpful even getting a cushion for my "little old lady" mum to make her comfy.

Having a quick ciggie outside at the end of the night when the kitchen staff were leaving, even they wished us good night and hoped we'd had a lovely meal.

I will definitely be going back for another meal and I would recommend booking as there wasn't a free table all night.

Please try this place. It's absolutely wonderful.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

I am a fan of Italian restaurants but this place is great. Great and attentive staff, beautiful food and accompanying wine. I think it's really accurately priced given the quality of the food and service. The upstairs bar is also a really nice touch.

I would not now dine in another Italian restaurant locally, only this one.

The only other Italian which compares is Tiramisu in Blackpool - which is the only Italian in Blackpool I would visit.

1  Thank Katie Louise F
Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

Dined here as a party of four for my friends birthday. Best food I've had in a long time. Absolutely gorgeous. I had a prawn starter and the Ryan Giggs pasta for a main and profiteroles for dessert. All three courses were excellent. Lovely setting - you wouldn't believe you were in Ashton. Bit pricey but worth it. Excellent friendly service as well. Would definitely go back.

2  Thank sunseekermanchester
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Dined at Puccini purely based on learning that it was managed by Robert Zachs. Having not seen him for many years, he welcomed us as old friends and his energetic team ensured we enjoyed a great family meal. The food was first class throughout. Looking forward to returning soon.