“wow!!”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 1, 2014

last time we came up north it was a pub called Turnpike now its a Indian restaurant. We went in early doors having travelled 350 miles the place is like a Palace and spotless, we where welcomed with a smile and shown to our table. All the staff with white shirts and red ties and grey trousers very smart, and the meals we had were excellent value for money We will be going up north end of Jan ,see you soon.

Reviewed December 25, 2013

We booked a table for Christmas day several weeks ago as we thought we would save the hassle of cooking and let someone else have the trouble of that for once. And for £26.95 a head we thought that was reasonable for Xmas day.
We arrived a little early and was shown to a table on the left, which is normally used for the function room. It was a table in the corner which initially we thought great, we're out of the way. That was until we realised we were sat next to the equivalent of Millwall Football hooligans!
As we were sat waiting for the popadoms to arrive and just settling into what should have been an enjoyable experience we were aware the people next to us were drunk and being excessively loud. I know its Christmas but seriously???? Nobody else was behaving in that way. They were like animals being let out of the zoo for a day, or probably more accurate was a load of prisoners out on day release!
We sat and ate our popadoms, which to be honest, you can't really get wrong. We were then approached by a member of staff and asked to move tables as they needed the table. They moved us to a table designed for 4 with my 11 year old son sat on the end. Although I found this a disgraceful show of customer etiquette(you should never move a family once they are seated!) it was a kind of escape away from the bifters sat at the side of us who were unforunately getting louder with every sipful of alcohol. However, we were not moved far enough!!!
We were moved and then we sat and we waited. And waited, and waited, and waited, and waited!! Until I eventually said they must have forgotton about us and the waiter heard me. He said it's coming out now. After another 15 minutes we received out starters. In total we had been waiting an hour just for 2 soups, 2 prawn cocktails and 1 tandoori chicken. When they eventually did arrive,we could not believe it! The soups were cold. I don't mean luke warm, I mean cold!!! So had to send them back to be reheated. The prawn cocktail tasted of nothing. The prawns had absolutly no flavour. All I could taste was the seafood sauce which was clearly out of a jar. And what was with the glace cherry??? Whilst all this was happening, the table of morans where getting louder and louder and even began chanting. How or why is this necessary. Nobody could hear themselves think or talk. I mean who actually behaves like that? There were other large families out but they weren't behaving in the same way.
After our starters we continued to wait. We saw some Christmas dinners come out to other customers and I was absolutly in shock. On the menu it described the Christmas dinner as turkey with all the trimmings. This was nowhere near the case. On the plates were about 4 sprouts, a spoonful of green beans, a couple of slices of turkey, 2 of the smallest roast potatoes I have ever seen in my life and a stuffing ball. It was an absolute disgrace. If you can't cook a roast dinner then don't offer it as an option. Being married to Bengali, so yes, I do know about curries and food, I have no doubt that the indian food on offer is probably of good quality however, this is not what I wanted or ordered. Where were the parsnips, carrots, peas, mash, or even cranberry sauce for that bleedin matter. Obviously I understand why there was no pigs in blankets! Thats common sense. But what I saw on those plates can only be described as total rip off.
Whilst all this was happening the group of drunken yobbos had gotton louder and were now totally taking over the venue with their drunken talk and chanting mobbish behaviour. I for one had had enough and as a family we decided to abandon the meal and leave.
We approached a member of staff and asked to see the manager. He never turned up and sent somebody who didn't even know what the soup of the day was when we asked him. Great! How was he gonna be able to sort this. I explained how the behaviour of some of their customers were ruining it for others and we had had enough. He went on to say that one member of that group had already gone home because they were too drunk. He then went on to say that it wasn't their fault and that there was nothing they could do. Of course its partly your fault. You hold the licence for the restaurant and are continuing to serve them knowing how they are behaving and k nowing they are ruining it for others. They could have stopped serving them alcohol, but I guess you wouldn't make as much profit then would you!
We were offered a discount but there was no way I wanted to continue eating there. Especially now knowing what lay ahead of us in the terms of 'christmas dinner'.
The whole experience was terrible and it has totally ruined my christmas day. Hasten to add I left without paying for anything as they already had £25 deposit which they refused to give back. I will never step foot in that place again. The amateur display of cooking was far too much to handle. I hope you learn from this Amaani. Stay true to what you are probably good at. You are clearly not capable of making Christmas Dinners so don't do it!! Either that, or learn quick, before next year. Go away and google what constitutes a Christmas Dinner, then tell me am wrong.
Thanks for ruining my family's christmas!

7  Thank NicVicHank
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Our first time at Amaani and we very impressed. The decor is modern and inviting. We had booked at table and were shown straight over to one of the booths. The service was excellent and after a quick drink we were ready to order.

My wife had Prawn Balti and I had the Special Chicken Korma, the food arrived on trolley and was piping hot and as good as any Indiann food either of us had tasted. The Naan bread was delicious and the portion size was just right for us. The waiter was very attentive and was on hand to bring us another drink.

A great night and very resonably priced. We spent just over £30 which was fantastic value for the quality of food we had. an't wait to go back !!!!!

Reviewed December 2, 2013

We have just returned from a quiet family birthday celebration and could not have asked for a better evening. This is our first visit to the restaurant and found that it is spotlessly clean, spacious and furnished in a modern style. The staff are incredibly welcoming and attentive. The food is delicious and well presented. It has now become our favourite restaurant in the area and we shall be definitely be returning soon.

Reviewed November 29, 2013

Speaking as a person who spends his life in indian restaurants, Amaani was a pleasant experience. Staff are very friendly and the food is fantastic. A must for all indian food lovers