“I've had better from Asda!”
Review of Amaani Restaurant

Amaani Restaurant
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Barton under Needwood, United Kingdom
“I've had better from Asda!”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Unfortunately for this restaurant I had been for a curry elsewhere the night before so the comparison was startling! I am not sure what this place is trying to be, a contemporary restaurant or an army canteen? I just opted for my usual, mundane items off the menu but was presented with little more than what could be described as baby food. The chutneys had no substance to them at all and looked like they had been through a food processor. They were merely no more than ketchups! My main meal looked no better than my leftovers I had the night before and the choice of sweets were no more better than you would see in Mr Whippy's van outside Stamford Park! The service was not great and when the food was delivered if was practically thrown at us. The restaurant clearly has no dress policy as the smell of under-dressed, drunk, vest and short wearing customers did not add to the ambience. This restaurant caters for nothing but a very uncultured tongue and if you like baby food, poor service and 'canteen like' surrounding then this is the place for you.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Burned_Out_Boy

Stalybridge, United Kingdom
“explosive flavours”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

1st visit midweek was excellent.Went with husband and 2 teenage children thoroughly enjoyed by all.great service and very polite staff.food was fantastic.we ordered 4 different curries each with their own distinctive taste,hot and fresh what more can you ask for.Best chutney tray in Tameside and desserts to die for.would definitely recommend.

• Visited July 2013
manchester uk
“Lovely venue. Good food. Prompt service”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I was a little concerned after reading reviews of slow service. However this was totally unfounded. Service was prompt, waiters recommendations were delicious and when I asked for a dish not advertised was told it would be no problem. If you've not tried toasted popadums, give them a go. Delicious.

• Visited July 2013
Manchester, UK
“Service is shockingly bad”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I've been a few times and keep expecting that the service will have improved. Sadly it's worse than ever. The food itself is not too bad but there is no way I'm going back to be ignored for a couple of hours.

Visited June 2013
7 Thank Alan B
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great food”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Nicely converted up into Indian restaurant - although the food is excellent on the occasions we have eaten here we have had very mixed experiences with the service - from fantastic and attentive to waiting more than 20 mins to be asked if we wanted a drink - food great, service definitely needs to improve

Visited April 2013