“Restaurant quality food, cafe prices”
Review of Il Caffe Roma

Il Caffe Roma
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Restaurant quality food, cafe prices”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I work right around the corner but never thought to try this place, I wish I would have found this place a long time ago, I ordered a Mozarella and bacon sandwich with peppers, bread was fresh and fantastic, just enough of each ingredient with no flavour to overwhelm the others, price was fantastic too! Lorenzo very accomodating and I would (and will) reccomend to absolutely everyone.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank sean_elliott

rochdale
“Great little find!”
Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

Me and my partner called in on a Sunday and where made to feel welcome. Really cosy place!
Good choice of food on menu & the pastas we had where lovely. Will return for sure :-) x

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Natalie T
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Promised we would be back”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I booked a table for my mothers birthday for the evening. On arrival we was made very welcome....as always. We had brought our own wine, we was given wine glasses and even had the wine poured for us.We was offered garlic bread which we had the tomatoe one which
Two of us ordered from the set menu, 3 courses for £10.90.....WHAT A BARGAIN, I had prawn sald and my mum ordered the garlic mushrooms both was very nice, my brother asked if he could have lasagne as a starter which the chef cooked for him!
I then had the rump steak with rocket, my mum had slow cooked beef and my brother had a stack of bread, brie, salami, beef etc all was served with pototoes, broc, carrots and celery we then had the home made Tiramasu which was devine! I can not tell you how nice this was, words fail me.
We also had coffee and a little pices of nutty cake (not sure what this was but it was very nice) and we was offered a little tipple of Amaretto ........What a pleasure this little place is ....highly recommend to anyone.

• Visited May 2013
“Worst Italian experience ever.”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Called for a coffee with my partner last week. The owner was very rude when I ordered two coffees, he said we should order food which we did not want. The chef looked like he needed a good wash. Glad I didn't order food.

• Visited April 2013
4 Thank 123455555
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great Food”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

This café/restaurant is a little bit of Italy in Ashton.
A small café with a personal touch.
Excellent food cooked to order, nothing is too much trouble.
5 star food and hospitality at small café prices. Fantastic value.
Our favourite place to eat, any other Italian restaurant we’ve been to doesn’t hold a candle to Il Cafe Roma..
Their homemade garlic bread is mouth-watering the best I’ve ever tasted. Sunday lunches beautifully prepared and presented. An extensive menu, spoilt for choice.
First class. Highly recommend that you try it. Guarantee you will return.

• Visited April 2013