“Lovely warm, welcoming & cosy atmosphere coupled with great food & lovely hosts. A winning combination!”
Review of Junction Inn

Junction Inn
Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 2, 2014

The lovely Brownen & Addy (ex of The Waggon in Uppermill) back on form, coupled with their fantastic French chef Jean (pronounced John!) Yves, was a winning combination when 4 of us had dinner there on Saturday night. We had never been to The Junction before as it's a bit out of the way for us but couldn't believe how lovely it was inside & well worth driving to, especially as it has a massive car park attached which is easily accessed from the main road. The pub itself has just had a major facelift & is very tastefully & beautifully furnished with lots of comfy brown leather banquettes & a big open fireplace.
I had pate to start which was lovely but our friend had the duck & black pudding samosas which he let me try & they were delicious.
For his main course my better half had the sausages (which were supplied by Alf Pearson butchers which in my humble opinion is the best butcher in Ashton). We were all jealous because these sausages were MASSIVE so we all nicked a bit & they were really tasty!
All the meals were lovely but my friend particularly enjoyed her Haddock Mornay. We had Strawberry pavlova for dessert which we really enjoyed. As always with Addy, Bronwen & Jean the prices were very reasonable as well so all in all it was a great night!
They even gave us a free tour of their new coffee machine that I believe makes all the appropriate noises & lovely coffee but as it wasn't up & running yet I can't say what it tastes like yet but hopefully I'll find out next Saturday because we've booked to go again!
My husband also said they have a fine selection of cask ales, which means nothing to me but I'm sure people who drink beer will know what he means!

• Visited May 2014

“Lovely affordable home made grub”
Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

We popped into The Junction Inn on a miserable Saturday afternoon for lunch as we heard the former landlords and chef at the Waggon in Uppermill were now there - and we always enjoyed the food there.

The menu was very similar and is home cooked, simple but delicious fare. I had a Spanish burger with Chorizo and Manchego cheese and the better half Rag Pudding and chips. Our 20 month old daughter had chicken goujons off the kids menu and loved it. For desert the adults had apple crumble and baby had Strawberry Coulis which she wolfed down.

We had a pleasant couple of hours and will definitely be going back. Be aware at the moment they don't yet have a debit card machine (they've only very recently taken over the pub) so take some cash just in case.

1 Thank GrahamRawlinson
“JOHN”
Reviewed May 23, 2014 via mobile

New management. Excellent. Home cooked food. Good atmosphere. WRONG PHONE NO. Correct phone number is 0161 343 4831

3 Thank John W
“Highly Recommended!!!!!!”
Reviewed May 21, 2014

Went for my tea and go for a drink quite regularly. Play Poker there on Tuesday night as well. Food and drink are excellent and a really warm and friendly welcome. Proud and lucky to call it my local.

3 Thank Sam N
Ashton-under-Lyne, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Recommended”
Reviewed May 16, 2014

We visited on 15/05/2014 to find that only the previous day the place had been taken over by new management and this was the first day they had started serving food.

On walking in we initially weren't too impressed - there were a few people being quite loud in the bar, however, once we stepped through the hosts were very welcoming and friendly and showed us the menu.

The food was nicely cooked and very cheap, since it's actually our local, we'll be visiting again. I hope that the new owners are able to make a success of it.

1 Thank 686Dave