“why go anywhere else?”

Topaz Vegetarian Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Award-winning Topaz Cafe in Ashton-u-Lyne has justifiably built a fantastic reputation locally and regionally. The food is sensational and the cafe provides a comfortable and friendly meeting place and focus for local events for the Ashton-u-Lyne community, as well as providing a gateway to our other services
Reviewed June 25, 2014

No doubt the best breakfast I have ever had in a cafe,staff amazing,food fresh as you will ever find. Toast with attitude ! taste ,crunch that could be heard next door, anyone who finds any fault with this place would draw a beard on the Mona Lisa...Colour me impressed,two non veggies just as impressed

Barijohn, Manager at Topaz Vegetarian Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2014

Wow! What a great review, thanks Sue H.

I have to say I especially love the Breakfasts. Mushrooms, eggs, beans, tomatoes, veggie sausage... what's not to like.

Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed May 19, 2014 via mobile

This is a wonderful retreat from Aston town centre and walking into the Topaz cafe always lifts my mood. Everything is locally sourced with much of the produce being grown by volunteers in the charity's allotment. With a range of prices and the menu being sensitive to various diets and food intolerances there is something for everyone. The food is exceptional and the presentation and quality exceeds the price you pay. The kitchen staff are always friendly, warm and accommodating :) I just hope that in these days of funding cuts this wonderful little gem can survive.

Barijohn, Manager at Topaz Vegetarian Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2014

Thanks for the great review, I'm glad to see Kevin and his team are giving you a warm welcome when you come in.

Hope to see you back at the Café soon.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

Topaz is a vegetarian cafe. It's part of a charity project. The menu (including the specials board) is not very extensive but there were five main meals I was more than happy to try. Finally chose the Mediterranean style meze which was well presented and tasty. The fried halloumi my partner had was also very good. The place was smart, clean and the staff friendly.
All in all an excellent place for a bite to eat.

Thanks for the great review.

We do try to keep the Menu simple and to vary the specials weekly depending on what is available and in season.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

This was my first visit to the Topaz Vegetarian Cafe, although my husband had been there previously, and I can now see why he has raved about it ever since!

Friendly service, nice atmosphere and surroundings, and convenient to the town centre.

A decent range of food on the normal menu, and a range of daily specials, we had the veggie shepherds pie with red cabbage and broccoli fresh from the charity's allotment. It was really tasty and the portion is a decent size. At just under £6 a good deal as well!

The cafe is based on the ground floor of the local MIND - a great stigma buster if ever I have seen one. All of the food from the allotment is delivered by electric bike as well, so its very environmentally friendly. And most of the other produce is from local suppliers.

If we lived in the area we would visit here frequently, but is more than worth making a special journey, as the quality of the food is excellent! Give it a try!

Thanks for the great review!

I agree the veggie shepherd pie was rather nice :-)

Hope you can make the long trip back here soon.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

Because Topaz is linked to a charity and walking distance from my workplace we decided on a pre Xmas lunch. Not being a vegetarian I was sceptical but was pleasantly surprised. Not an extensive menu but sufficient and the food was excellent. I can see why you need to boom here. Great place to eat. I'm not quite converted but wouldn't hesitate to go again.

1  Thank CorneliusfudgeGM