“Another great takeaway delivery” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Indian Ocean Restaurant

Indian Ocean Restaurant
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Manchester
“Another great takeaway delivery”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

Ordered online and nice to see they've made the £28 off clearer, was delivered dead on time and great portion sizes and very tasty as usual. Got my free bottle of coke this time too! I would say this 4 for £28 feeds well over 4 people as we have plenty of leftovers the next day.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank fatboyonadiet

Littleborough, United Kingdom
“So much flavour, not a bad word to say.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

Seated in a lovely booth for me and my girlfriend. We decided to share the ocean platter to start with containing a mix of fish and different meats in different marinades. This was the most expensive starter but worth every penny.

For mains I had my eye on a curry called the Afghan (I think), however I could not decide between chicken or lamb. The waiter noticed this and offered a combination of the two. Now that is service! The dish itself was a fairly dry curry that is full of flavour with a real spicy kick which I enjoyed.

Following a large starter to share, a curry each for me and my girlfriend then sharing a special nan and mushroom pilau rice we were full to the brim and even asked for a doggy bag with which they obliged.

The restraunt is a good half hour from where I live but I will definitely be returning in the near future.

Cairns, Australia
“BAD ATTITUDE AND POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE - VERY DISSAPOINTING”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

We decided to pay the restaurant a visit having not been there since the late 90s. We opted to go on a Sunday afternoon – thinking it would be a nice change. According to their website their doors open at 3pm. We turned up at 3:30pm and the shutters were down. We knocked on the door (several times) and one of the waiters opened up… we asked whether they were open and his face was like a rainy day… no smile or hello… he said just go through to the lounge. Not much of a good first impression but we decided to go with it and give the place a chance. We took a seat in the lounge and there were 6 waiters mulling around, talking, tidying up the mess from the night before…empty glasses and like, wiping down.. the carpet looked like it hadn’t been hovered in weeks.. full of crumbs etc.. again not a good impression. We were sat there like spare parts for 30 minutes without even being shown the menus or offered a drink. My husband asked if there was a possibility of a drink and the waiter rolled his eyes and half-heartedly went to get his notepad! At that point we decided that we didn’t want to give them our custom and decided to leave… and just as we were getting in the car one of the waiters came out asking us to come back?! We said we were taking our custom elsewhere. Extremely disappointed and there is no excuse for bad customer service. We certainly won’t be visiting again.

4 Thank Dawnieb1982
Stockport, United Kingdom
“Slow, bad attitude from staff, average food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

I used to be a frequent visitor to Indian Ocean and would always recommend it to friends and family, however it's amazing how drastically my opinion has changed.

Having not ate here for over two years I decided to book a table for me and a friend for 8 o'clock. On arrival we were sent into the bar area to wait. After waiting over 40 minutes I enquired "are we next in the queue?" I was told "yea yea he'll be over its only just gone 8".

We didn't receive our food until 9.10 and found the staff to be ill-mannered and unprofessional. The two waiters that served us were very abrupt and seemed sarcastic.

I don't know if it was because we had questioned if we were next to be served but me and my friend both felt that staff were looking over and laughing at us, which left us with a sense of paranoia throughout the meal.

The food was bland at best, the best bit about it was the nan bread which I suppose is hard to get wrong.

Overall we came away disappointed that a place we used to frequent has had such a dramatic decline in not only the standard of cooking but the attitude of the staff.

We won't be going back again.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Stephen G
Manchester
“Our favourite Indian!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

I have been having food from this restaurant since it first opened in the early 90s and after trying lots of different Indian restaurants since but Indian Ocean still remains the best!!
The food is always served to a very high standard and fresh and tasty my favourite curry sauce being the patia which I highly recommend
The service is great staff are always friendly and helpful
Inside the decor is bright and modern and the entertainment here if you want it is fun especially if you choose to visit on New Year's Eve
I also have take outs from Indian Ocean and the food quality is still high all in all lovely flavourful Indian food must try