“Amazing food I decide to have my wedding catered by them best decision ever :)”

Lily's Vegetarian Indian Restaurant
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: It's a vegetarian indian restaurant in Ashton under Lyne and is probably the best veggie restaurant I've ever visited! Superb food, very cheap and a varied menu!
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Me and my fiancee went past ASM and saw Lily's well what can I say. We thought we would have a spot of lunch there we had a dhosa, paneer dish and naan. The curry was so nice and portion was big. The gentleman gave us great advice on the curries he was a tall chap and we got talking. We saw him taking big pot outside we ask him why he said it was for a wedding function. Both I and my fiancée starting thinking about are wedding. They gave us great ideas and catered for all our functions. I have never tasted better food. If you are considering this company to feed any guest, you need not worry. I was so impressed by service and the great taste. This is the best choice.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

I am a meat-eater but as a foodie I am a sucker for the pure Indian vegetarian restaurant as the cooking standards are so high (even before the deterioration of the average Indian restaurant). I have eaten the very best in Leicester, West London and Mumbai. I never recommend a restaurant without telling people what to eat. I have noticed meat-eaters tend to simply take the meat away from their normal curries and then you will tend to get just that - curry without meat. Indian cuisine is much, much more than a curry.

If I do want "a curry" I go in the week and have a freshly cooked thali (a lunch plate of various curries) the best in East Manchester and one of the best lunches by any standards. However, I generally eat the dosa, idli, uttappam and the wide variety of chats (snacks). I'll have a couple of snacks like bhel puri and pani puri in the afternoon with a cup of masala tea either with my wife or a book. At weekend we'll go for a dosa with the kids who are always made welcome. They've graduated from mango lassi to rose milk now and it is the treat of their week. I do know veggies who've been going for years and have never got past the vegan samosa but are happily chomping away. I just think if you are making any sort of an effort to get there you should try to be a bit more adventurous. So don't even think curry in advance or you'll crack at the last minute. Give the South Indian delicacies a chance and enjoy the subtlety of the flavours - the fresh dhokra which is a savoury sponge somewhere between bread and cake with chutney (vegan) or dahi balai - a subtle lentil ball in yoghurt and sauce. If you want a completely over the top, yummy veggie snack try the club sandwich or a chili cheese omelette (the "omelette" itself is a vegan substitute).The standard Indian desserts are of a high grade. Service is generally fast unless they get busy. They are usually very helpful to newcomers so do ask to make sure you're getting the right thing. The prices of Indian vegetarian are very low considering the work that goes into the cooking - it's a cheap feast.

We make an outing out of our visits by popping in the shop next door for Indian supplies and we stock up on the takeaway snacks, most of which freeze well. We have used the outside catering once and that was a different level again - I don't think you can cook vegetarian any better.

Do check the opening hours as sometimes they will be busy on outside catering.

1  Thank jim s
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Been here with family so many times also did take away and did big order for our family party few times. When it comes to Indian vegetarian food, we can't think of any other option than Lily’s, amazing taste, excellent service, reasonable price, everything made freshly and consistency in everything, just can’t beat it. We tried food at so many different restaurant but the food from Lily's is outstanding and its one of very few authentic Indian restaurants in Greater Manchester. Whenever we had family party and my family people came from all the way from Walsall, London, and down south and they were so amazed with the food. It’s simply superb, I recommend the restaurant to everyone,, go for it, you will not be disappointed, in fact, you will be amazed with such a lovely food...!!!

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Every time I visit Manchester, I have to make a trip to Lily's! The food is great, the service is top and you really get a sense of it being a family-run restaurant.

If you are looking for tasty, good quality vegetarian food then in my opinion you cannot go wrong with Lily's. There is a good choice on the menu so there is bound to be something for everyone.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

This has to be the best Indo-Chinese food I've eaten in Manchester. Their south Indian dishes are also spectacular. The whole ambience is great and the staff are very welcoming. This is a restaurant I'd recommend to anyone.