“Fabolous food!!!”

San Rocco- Ashton-under-Lyne
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Marrakech, Morocco
“Fabolous food!!!”
Reviewed September 1, 2014 via mobile

I've been last saturday night with my friends. We order fillet steak, sea bass, and pasta for main course it was amazing. I love the taste specially the steak it cook perfectly which u cant fault it. The service not bad, but, it could be better over all i will definitely, coming back!!!

6 Thank ecfa69

“Reasonable san rocco”
Reviewed August 30, 2014

Nice venue outside, not so nice inside could of had more exciting interior.
Sat down and young waitress spilt our drinks on us by accident but she tried to clean it up as best as she could, a higher member of staff came over and moved us to another seat.
Starter garlic and tomato bread was gorgeous. Partner had sirloin steak in peppercorn sauce. Good size but meat wasn't best cut and the sauce was defenitley not peppercorn, it was slightly spicy. I had a spicy tomato and salami pasta which was lovely. We ordered a take away which was at a slightly discounted price which was nice.
All in all, okay meal but we wouldn't come again.

1 Thank Newbie_advisor
Manchester, United Kingdom
“.?????”
Reviewed August 24, 2014

After another great meal at San rocco I was very unsure why someone didn't rate food in the restaurant and at Christmas. I went in a big party to the Christmas party nights and didn't pay £20 we all paid £30,!! the food was great along with excellent service. There was great deal of excellent entertainment and wanted to book again this year but the night we wanted was fully booked from people from last year!!!! It was excellent for the money and the restaurant downstairs never ever disappoint. All I will say is don't believe everything you read on here....try it yourself. Well done San rocco best Italian in the area

2 Thank alison187069
ashton u lyne
“Special treat”
Reviewed August 21, 2014

we visited for my birthday service was excellent and staff were helpful and informative. The food was fabulous really tasty and good portion sizes. Would definately reccomend as a treat and will visit again.

3 Thank chris a
Ashton-under-Lyne, United Kingdom
“Mixed Feelings”
Reviewed August 17, 2014

We had a works outing to the restaurant last night, we were booked in for 9pm, and had been told it was quiet in there, as a party 0f 20 who were booked in for seven had cancelled at the last minute.
I was in a party of 24, and on arrival we were quickly seated and ordered our starters no problem.
I opted for the Prawn salad, my wife had Bruschetta. Both were very nice.
We both opted for the steak for our main, myself requesting mine well done ( which it was) and my wife ordering medium rare, as she has been here before, and ordered rare, and it came basically blue. On arrival, her steak was rare, and quite bloody. They was then quite a long wait for the veg, I was lucky to receive a small plate with 6 small roast potatoes , sliced carrots, and burnt asparagus. Only a few of our party got this veg, as it was quickly announced that they had run out, so they quickly fried some spinach and coated it in garlic, and then finally some baskets appeared with six long chips in them .
When it came to paying the 10% service charge, after a few words, we were all given a free shot.
So - for me, a mixed bag, but my wife is not impressed at all !

1 Thank chriskaraokeman