“Funeral”

The Oysterfleet Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Canvey Island
Reviewed August 23, 2013

I had my mothers funeral afterwards in the oyster fleet ...I couldn't wish for a better environment ....the whole
Occasion was made so nice for us .
The staff were brilliant and special thanks to kitchen and bar staff .......especially the bar manager
Thank you so much for making a sad day so special for us

Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank MALNWEN

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Have stayed here a few times on business trips, its a nice clean and friendly hotel. Good food in the bar and restaurant, excellent menu to choose from. only 2 negatives... The room I stayed in the TV was very small and was a struggle to see, the other is that the decor could do with an up date. On the plus side.................... comfiest bed I have ever slept in. Yes I would return.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Well the title says it all really.
We stayed here for the first time last week and to be honest was expecting a standard pub hotel room, and for £53 for the double room was prepared for compromises. But in fact the whole operation is well run, the room was spotlessly clean and well equipped. Some noise from the road was only a problem because it was a very hot night and we had the windows wide open.
Excellent value, convenient and will certainly use again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We got married at this hotel, both the ceremony and the reception. We had the most wonderful day. We stayed in the Bridal Suite and many of our guests had rooms. The rooms are lovely and clean and some rooms have lovely views across the lake. The staff are friendly and helpful. None of our guests had a bad word to say about this hotel and one said he couldn;t fault it. Breakfast was delicious, cereal, juice, tea, coffee, toast and a full englsh. When I've sadly read some of the not so good reviews I can't help but wonder what in the hell people expect. This hotel is clean, friendly, good location, good food, lovely rooms. Try it for yourself and don't listen to those who probably moan about most things in life!!

Room Tip: If you are travelling with children, ask for a room away from the function suite.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Having come down to Canvey Island to work I thought a week on the Island might be a good idea as have been staying in the surrounding area. There are few options to be honest but The Oysterfleet appeared to be my best option. Located just off the town centre it is idealy situated for local shops, restaurants and take aways, there aren't many bars nearby but that's not a problem as there is a well stocked public bar attached. Prices are accepatable and the staff are friendly, whilst I didn't dine there it seems popular and I never heard any complaints.

My room was quite large as double rooms go and very clean, the corridors have a strange foisty smell but fortunately this doesn't carry into the rooms, I was pre-warned that the noise did carry from room to room and they were right, you could hear every cough, tap or toilet flush from what seemed every nearby room. Then around 5:00am I started to hear the traffic so basically not for light sleepers but value for money on all other aspects.

Room Tip: Stay at the back of the hotel away from the road.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Dave B
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Stayed here 1 night , never been asked to pay before we have even looked at the room , was given the tv remote and key, was asked if we would like breakfast , I asked if we could just order in the morning if we wanted it. No was our answer , I asked why , I was told staffing , we have to get more staff in . The room was roomy , tv was small , toilet roll holder broken and ceiling extractor fan slightly hanging down, when checking out the receptionist was outside the reception entrance Smoking , I waited at the desk thinking she might return, but her cigarette was her preference. I left the key and tv remote on the counter and left , Would I stay here again , yes is the answer because it was clean , and I don't believe there is another hotel on the island.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Whu2k66
Reviewed May 11, 2013

My husband and I stayed here with our 2 young children. When booking our room the hotel failed to tell us that a function was on that night and our family room was directly above. The children were kept awake all night and we hardly got any sleep. The staff were very unhelpful. The room was a good size but the bathroom was revolting. Our 2 year old daughter got covered in black mildew when in the shower. We will never stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013
Roslin Beach Hotel
Roslin Beach Hotel
#1 of 2 in Thorpe Bay
Park Inn by Radisson Palace Southend-on-Sea
Park Inn by Radisson Palace Sout...
#12 of 19 in Southend-on-Sea
Holiday Inn Southend
Holiday Inn Southend
#5 of 19 in Southend-on-Sea
Premier Inn Basildon (Rayleigh) Hotel

Been to The Oysterfleet Hotel? Share your experiences!