“Staff inexperienced” 1 of 5 bubbles

Wells-next-the-Sea, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Staff inexperienced”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2014

We've been to Farmer Fred's many times over the past couple of years and notice continual decline in the atmosphere, competency of the staff and cleanliness. Our recent visit with our 6 & 7 year old children ended with us all voting not to go again. Low points included:

- the floor of the cafe was covered in squashed food that stuck to our socks
- we were told off because my son was drinking water from his own water bottle (ie not a bottle bought there), despite the fact we'd just bought 3 meals, 2 fruit shoots & a coffee.
-several (totally unsupervised) children were behaving so badly in the soft play - kicking and bullying other children. Numerous parents tried to directly intervene and ended up complaining to staff. The staff seemed totally ill equipped to deal with the absolute bedlam and several families left.
- our son threw up repeatedly within a few hours of us leaving which we think was most probably down to the bolognese (he apparently had the last portion - but could have been something else that caused the vomiting of course?!).

In our view Farmer Fred's needs staff to be continually monitoring the play area to help keep children safe or they need to insist parents do this. Currently the whole staff team are focused on the cafe. It would help to promote a standard of behaviour expected - fun and boisterousness are fine but systematic nastiness is not.
Our visit was the most stressful few hours I've had in a long while.

Visited May 2014
4 Thank AH442014

London
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 77 helpful votes
“Good example of its type!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014

Not much to add to other reviews. This is a very good example of the now ubiquitous kids play frame concept. Nicely themed at the front of the main frame with log effect coverining making it look more like a barn than a just another plain old frame. Nice fenced off area for the little ones Coffee was nice. Food looked good though we didn't eat as it was a bit early for us. Toilets clean and well equipped for little ones. Whole place very clean and friendly staff.

Visited April 2014
Heacham,Norfolk
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Excellent Fun for Kids”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2014

Yes this is the place to take your children they can use all their energy up on all the facilities and there was so much going on when I went with my Grandchildren. The laughter was infectious and mthe kids soon joined in. Adults can then have a nice tea or coffee with cake in a pleasant seating arrangement whilst watching all the goings on. Plenty of staff on hand in case of any falls or scuffs whilst playing. Alll in all Highly receommended

Visited March 2014
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Great for under 10's”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

Came here after a recommendation. Not disappointed. Huge play area for kids to burn off that excess energy. Bright and colourful and well maintained. The little cafe was very good and the coffee was marvellous. My son enjoyed the chocolate cake.

Visited April 2014
norwich
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“GREAT FUN”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

i took my 6 month old son here on a friends birthday party,all the kids had great fun and so did the adults.there is plenty to do for all ages.
I do however have a couple of issues,my first is the state of the baby changing room,its gloomy and dated and to be honest not very clean,if i didnt have my own dettol wipes in my bag i would not have taken my baby in there at all,i would rather take my son back out to the car and change his nappy on the back seat!
my other issue sounds silly but both me and my son started to sneeze and feel unwell shortly after coming home,we now both have a cold,which makes me wonder how often the under 4s play area is cleaned or sterilised.not great for a baby play area.

Visited February 2014