“So many issues, so little customer service!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 7 things to do in Heacham
Heacham
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 71 helpful votes
“So many issues, so little customer service!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

I live locally and would love to support the farm shop and restaurant. They have given such poor service, however, that I have stopped going now. I had quite a few comments and suggestions to make, which I honestly thought would be helpful to them, and so I wrote to them in May (sent to Mr J I Williamson, Director, and The Operations Director, Caley Mill). This was completely ignored.

I idly looked at their reviews and saw that some people have received a reply on here - excellent!

If they give me an e-mail address to send it to I will happily pass on my letter. (It is considerably longer than 100 characters!)

Visited October 2012
WFSPartner, Partner in Walsingham Farms Shop Partnership, who run the Lavender Kitchen at Norfolk Lavender, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you for posting this message here. It seems your letter to Mr Williamson, the owner of Norfolk Lavender, has not reached us.

Walsingham Farms Shop Partnership run both the farm shop and the café-restaurant, The Lavender Kitchen, at Norfolk Lavender. We are a separate business, with our original farm shop and restaurant in Walsingham. We would be pleased to hear from you, by email or through the old fashioned post, or a letter could be dropped off at the shop or café.

Our contact email is info@walsinghamfarmsshop.co.uk
Office: Walsingham Farms Shop Partnership, Guild Street, Walsingham Norfolk NR22 6BU

Nottingham, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Brilliant Soft Play + Animal Farm/Play park”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

It's free to wander round and if you want to go into the soft play/ farm you pay as you go, so to speak. All elements of the site are immaculately maintained and it's a lovely day out.

Oxford, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“nothing much”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

I was expecting the UK's largest lavender enterprise to show some originality and flair in its products and presentation. Instead - hand creme, soap, shampoo, candles etc. exactly the same products it sells elsewhere, all in purple. If this were France....

Wymondham, United Kingdom
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Lavenders blue dilly dilly Lavenders green”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

I've not been here for years and I enjoyed it more the second time around. If you are expecting acres and acres of fields of lavender then you'll be disappointed as the actual amount of lavender grown here is quite small. However, what was there provided plenty of photo opportunities of bees and butterflies. Enjoyed my lavender cake in the tea room, very sweet with a delicate flavour. Also, enjoyed the home made sausage rolls purchased from the farm shop, plenty of meat with a crumbly pastry. If you don't like crowds my advice would be to go outside of the school holidays. Lavender flavoured rock at 90p a stick was good value and an unusual momento of the visit. Nice comfy sofas to sink into and very clean washrooms. If you don't take the tour its free to wander and free parking too.

Visited August 2013
WFSPartner, Owner of The Lavender Kitchen at Norfolk Lavender, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
We really appreciate your kind comments about your visit to our cafe-restaurant, The Lavender Kitchen, and our farm shop, Walsingham Farms Shop, at Norfolk Lavender. Both are run by our enterprise Walsingham Farms Shop Partnership, which also has a farm shop and restaurant in Little Walsingham. We make all our own sausage rolls (and sausages) using free range outdoor reared pork from Morley Farm in South Creake.
Manchester, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Worth a visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

If you are in the area this is worth popping in. A bit of something for everyone. We did the tour def worth the £2.50 they charge if you like history.