“fantastic!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Heacham
Heacham Beach Holiday Park - Park Resorts
Skegness, United Kingdom
“fantastic!”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

this was our first stay at a park resorts and admittedly, it far surpassed our expectations, the site isn't much to look at but the facilities are great and all of the staff were lovely. especially the entertainments staff, they were brilliant and my daughter loved every second! the location is great with the beach only a very short walk away and public transport is within easy reach. the caravan was in a nice location on the site and was clean and tidy. only criticism we have is that the showers at the pool were out of water, the lifeguard told me the water tank was empty..... surely something the site should look into sorting? but never the less we had a brilliant time and will defiantly be returning. (i am rating 4/5 on the sleep quality, only because the bed was SO small in comparison to my super king-size i have at home, difficult to adjust to but this is not due to noise or disruption, the site is very calm and peaceful)

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank nicolasc156
Park R, General Manager at Heacham Beach Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Thank you for reviewing Heacham Beach Holiday Park. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your holiday and I have passed on your comments to our team especially our entertainments team.
The showers in the swimming pool area run from an immersion tank, however our maintenance team are looking into this matter for you, as there should have been adequate supply, please accept our apologies for this and any inconvenience caused.
I hope that you will return to Heacham Beach in the near future and the team looks forward to seeing you again

Heacham Beach Holiday Park
01485 570 270

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 10, 2014

this was our 5th visit as stated before a great base fot the north norfolk coast ,close to a fantastic beach with a 30m coast walk to hunstanton , a vans have always been trouble free , clean and tidy with no issues ,

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gerkin1961
Haverhill, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I always read posts with a pinch of salt but I like to know where I am sleeping is clean. Heacham Beach Holiday Park is not up to scratch. It needs a lot of work and TLC and a vast amount of money spent to bring this park up to date. Accommodation is disappointing. Staff are rude, even the children's entertainment was rubbish. We booked a Silver plus which we paid for the upgrade as we needed an extra bedroom as there was myself, husband, elderly mother and teenage daughter. The caravan was situated right near the entertainment which kept us awake most nights till 2am (music thumping, kids screaming, people walking passed singing etc). When we got to our caravan I complained as upon arrival the whole caravan was filthy. All the surfaces were covered in a film of oil, even the dishes. The beds were made up as requested and paid for but the extra bedroom wasn't. All the duvets were dumped in a ball in the room. I rang the complaints department and spoke to Sherry and was told " if I wasn't happy, go to reception who will give me a full refund and we can leave ". I didn't intend on leaving as we had travelled all that way and my family needed a holiday. I went to reception and explained the situation and asked them to go in and clean the place AGAIN and to make up all the beds as I had paid them to do. The caravans are so small even on the upgraded ones. We decided as it was late to have a meal in the onsite 'Tavern'. The lady who took our order was rude to my mother saying " We only have one microwave to cook all the meals ". Everything we ordered was not available as we were constantly told " End of season so we are trying to run everything out ". Food was barely warm and expensive for what we got. Didn't eat there again. The swimming pool is disgusting. My daughter said the bottom of the pool was covered in dirt and leaves which you could see the grit on her skin when she changed afterwards. The roof was slightly open and leaves were blowing in and falling into the pool. Attitude of the staff was appalling. It was like we were an inconvenience to them as it was the end of season. They didn't want to be there or make any effort. Doesn't matter. We had paid to be there. No entertainment on the Saturday night as they had a private function but you could go to Hunstanton to use the other site. Parking next to the caravan was a nightmare. You had to weave in and out to get to it. The caravans were crammed in. We ended up scratching our car when leaving today as we couldn't get out. We only stayed the weekend but was glad to leave. We spent most of our days off site visiting Norfolk Lavender which was lovely and had a nice meal there. We also visited Hunstanton, Wells. We won't be coming back to Park Resorts again.

7 Thank Jo B
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 27, 2013

we went for a short break.it was a cheap holiday in a bronze caravan.the caravan was clean and well equipped.had to walk like a crab to get in the double bed,but it was only for 4 nights.we used the swimming pool,it was a bit chilly but we were warned about that,and we enjoyed the swim,our grandson loved the slide.we only managed to get to the entertainment once,but boy did our grandson love that,especially when he won a beaker.thank you to the man on duty 22 oct. The only thing that spoilt our holiday a bit was the occupier of the caravan behind us was always parked in the middle of the roadway so we had to wiggle around caravans to get to ours.otherwise it was all lovely.

Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 27, 2013

My husband and I stayed through a Sun break. I upgraded to a Silver Plus caravan which had many extras listed - including 'beds made up on arrival'. On arrival we were delighted with the caravan - it had a lovely, homely feel with quality fixtures and fittings. Whilst the duvets and pillows were out on the beds I couldn't find the bed sheets ... whilst hunting for them I found the previous tenants' dirty underwear, but no bed sheets! Upon inquiring at reception I was advised that 'beds made up on arrival' only applied if we had booked through Park Resorts and not via the Sun. I found this strange as although the initial booking was made with the Sun I received an email from yourholiday@park-resorts.com providing a link to their website to upgrade. So ... I had to pay £9 for the privilege of bed sheets - even though I'd made the second part of the booking on their website!. If I'd known this was the case I would have packed my own sheets - so please Park Resorts make this clear when sending out your upgrading options email!!

The only other negative comment i would have was the clubhouse. We went for a drink and a game of pool on our first evening, but only bingo players were in the clubhouse and we felt that the clunking of balls might make us unpopular - as the bingo caller as we walked in asked for the sound to be turned off on the television for a live football game that was showing - not 'volume down' ... volume off! So, we headed back to the caravan and settled for a night of X-Factor! We never went back for the duration of our stay to sample the entertainment as the environment in the club night on this night had felt a tad cold.

Moans out of the way, I have to reiterate how lovely the caravan was. The park is very quiet and clean. It is an ideal base to explore the surroundings, but out of season there isn't really a lot to see or do. Two days would be ample to cover Kings Lynn / Hunstanton. Anything over that would involve more extensive travelling. Had we not had such lovely accommodation I think our stay would have been below par. Therefore, I thoroughly recommend an upgrade when visiting out of season - just remember to take your own bed clothes!!!

Room Tip: Although the website states some of the upgrades include beds made up on arrival this doesn't ap...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Megibah
Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 27, 2013

We stayed in this bargain cheap bronze caravan on a 2 night offer. I know we shouldnt expect too much from a cheapy break, but to actually feel they put us in a run down caravan they can't rent out normally was very poor.

We arrived Fri night, the bathroom carpet was flooded, the caravan smelled of damp. Sat morning our only whole day we found we had no gas, which meant no hot water, couldn't use the cooker, freezing cold, and the bathroom carpet was still terrible wet. We had to wait for the office to open to go and mention the problems and then they said we'd have to wait in for maintenance (on our only day there). They didn't have any other caravans there they said to move us into. When he finally come he said both gas bottles had ran out, and some pipe had come off in the bathroom to cause the flooding. Go out was the answer and flick the heating up full blast to try and dry it out, they then put some manky towells on the bathroom floor.

We wasn't impressed at all.

The site itself was nice, we didn't use any of the facilities on the site with such a short stay so we cant comment on them.

The beach is very close, its perfect for the kids.

Due to the problems we wont be returning, but i'm sure if you had a more expensive caravan it'd be ok

Hunstanton is only just down the road, a very short car journey

Room Tip: Dont book the bronze caravans
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank 57daisies
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Wasn't expecting much as had booked the cheapest getaway we could find for a Friday-Monday break by the sea. Found this on the internet at £99 for a bronze caravan sleeping 8. I was expecting a very basic caravan and this is what we got but it had absolutely everything we needed and was very clean. Bedrooms were small but we were only in them for 3 nights so it wasn't a problem. Certainly not room for 8 adults, but we were 4 adults and two kids so it was ok. Not full length beds in twin rooms. Park was good, had all the amenities we needed and a nice walk along the beach close by. Centre of Heacham about 10 minute walk. Good campsite, again basic but had everything needed. The ducks are rather annoying as they keep you awake all night!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Heacham
Heacham Manor Hotel
#1 of 2 in Burnham Market
Queen Victoria Inn
Queen Victoria Inn
#1 of 3 in Snettisham

Been to Heacham Beach Holiday Park - Park Resorts? Share your experiences!