Slepe Hall Hotel & Restaurant
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
The George Hotel(Huntingdon)
  • Restaurant
All reviewswedding receptionplanning processwhirlpool bathanniversary mealmy daughter and son in lawlovely venuewedding breakfastafternoon teatwo courseschristmas partyfour posterstaff were attentivehotel in stcooked to perfectionspent two nightssunday lunchlovely meal
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I recently had my 40th birthday party here in their Brunel Suite. I found it a really good venue and the staff were great.
The manager helped me work within a fairly tight budget and met with me a couple of times to help me sort out what I needed, nothing was too much trouble for him.
On the party night the staff were really helpful, bubbly and polite - spot on.
I would definitely recommend this Hotel for a function or party.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I have stayed many times at the Slepe for business and every time it is a pleasure.

Friendly, helpful staff, good rates and fabulous rooms.

All rooms have an I-Pad and a jacuzzi bath. All very clean and well decorated with a modern twist.

Ask for a room at the front, these mostly have four poster beds and are very large.

Restaurant does some amazing food. Very nice quality served with pride. Breakfasts are also wonderful.

Bar can close early if no customers but they will stay open late if a few people in. Nice outdoor spaces and plenty of parking.

In summary: A lovely hotel in a nice town where the only other choice is the Dolphin which is possibly the worst hotel I have ever stayed in !!

Room Tip: Ask for room 8 or any old room at the front.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Rich190_10
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Stayed at this hotel last weekend for husband's work party. Nice and clan, lovely bathroom with jacuzzi bath and shower. Rooms on a smaller side, but nice, plenty of storage. Beds definitely too soft, ok for one night, but would struggle if was to sleep on a bed so soft for much longer. Unfortunately can't comment on breakfast as we were both too hangover to eat :o) but other ppl said it was lovely!! Generally expected a one night stay in st ives to be cheaper than £75, but this hotel it's worth a price. Overall impression very good, particularly for a one night stay!

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 3, 2013

We booked via late rooms and paid £75 for a double room incl breakfast.
Its clear from the start that the hotel are making improvements and they're working. We loved our room, good bathroom, new bed and overall the room felt fresh and clean.
Staff were friendly and attentive.
Parking was fine, at the side / back of the hotel and CCTV was present.
The hotel is in a great location, walkable to town in 5 mins.
We wish them well with their continued refurb plans and we'll be back.
Could we make a suggestion ? Change the sign on the front wall of the hotel, it looks dated and gives the wrong impression of the modern hotel inside.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank henriUk
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Having heard that the hotel had recently been bought out of receivership we thought we would visit. The new manager explained that they had just taken over and were doing their best until all refurbishments were completed which should be around mid-April.

Staff were extremely friendly - Service and food was excellent. We stayed the night and had a great room with a four-poster bed!! Bathrooms are very tastefully done.

We were looking for a function room for my wife's upcoming birthday and the manager showed us the room at the rear of the hotel which is ideal for our size of party (room hosts 200+).

Really looking forward to going when all of the building works are completed.

Well Done!!