“Decent food - good portion sizes”

Montaz Indian & Bangladeshi Cuisine
Ranked #26 of 56 Restaurants in St Ives
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Had a take away which I collected. Coming from near Manchester we have hundreds of very good 'Indian' restaurants and sometimes the ones in small remote towns can be a let down. Got to say that the food was very tasty and the portion sizes good. Whilst waiting to collect I noticed that the restaurant area looked well presented.

Reviewed November 28, 2012

Hadn't been to the restaurant for a while - at least since it had been under previous ownership and under a different name - it has changed hands - and how it shows. Different decor - a great improvement. The service was superb - the food was a truly pleasant surprise and very good value. The waiters were really helpful and attentive - full marks all round for food and service.

Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

I had visited this restaurant last week with my wife and was at first intrigued by the atmosphere - however, as soon as the waiter came to serve us the night went downhill unfortunately. At first glance he seemed to be in charge as he ordered the other waiters - however his appearance was very unappetising. When he took our orders I could not help but gag at his breath which was cached with the strong scent of cigarette smoke as well as his body. Another waiter could not comprehend the English I was speaking and I had trouble explaining to him. Overall it would not be a restaurant I would visit again but the food was alright

Reviewed August 28, 2012 via mobile

I am sad to say I have eaten here a couple of times...
I say this, as a week or so ago, I was walking past the front of the Montaz where I saw what I assume to be staff (it was during the day and the place was shut), watching the world go by. Nothing wrong with that you'd think....
But the guy had one of his bare feet up on the window ledge and he was digging somthing out from between his toes. He then proceeded to inspect what he had retrieved from between his toes which was now on his fingers. He then flicked this in the direction of the resteraunt floor!
And he then repeated the toe picking and flicking!!!
Then to my amazement, he finished his personal grooming and then directly proceeded to carry on setting the tables cutlery on the table next to him!
Will I ever eat there again.... What do you think... And that's just what I DID see let alone what I didn't!

1  Thank Jacko1183
Reviewed August 22, 2012 via mobile

Went on a Tuesday evening. Was really busy, probably due to the great offer they had that night. £10.95 for any starter, main, rice or naan and side. The service was really friendly and efficient, even thought it was busy we didn't have to wait a long time for anything. The food was great, good flavors and not at all greasy. The decor was nice and chairs were very comfy. We live in London and eat out a lot and i think this is probably the best Indian restaurant we've been too. Will definitely return when we're in the area again.

2  Thank ALB1985