$106
Golden Lion(St Ives)
$111
$107
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Huntingdon Fenstanton(Fenstanton)(Great Value!)
$52
Travelodge
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $59/night.

$67
$109
$84
$75
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $88/night.

All reviewsoverlooking the rivermeadow suitesunday lunchancient bridgebar mealsthree courseswedding partybuffet stylefunction roomample parkinga lovely stayone night staypuddingfull englishousevenuestarters
Reviewed August 2, 2013

This is a modern building in the most beautiful position by the side of the river and ancient bridge on the edge of a very picturesque town. The interior has everything you would expect from a modern hotel but there the positives stop. The rooms are a good size but having stayed here several times I can confirm the rooms all could do with better maintenance or refurbishing. Most disappointing of all is the service which has constantly failed to deliver. Its as if they know there is no competition so they don’t have to try to hard.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

The wine is quite good but the food was well below par. I had the garlic chicken, it was tough, over cooked and really unedible. The waiter ask if the food was good and when I told him he just said that he would speak to the chef. I will never eat here again.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Kevin M
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Stayed for two days, lovely location right on the River Ouse. Rooms were fine for couple of nights-could do with up grading and modernising- Bathrooms have obviously been recently refurbished as they are brand new-Had everything you need- tea & coffee making facilities-comfy bed-very clean. Problems with the water didn't spoil our stay- it was fine that the showers turned a bit cool now and then as we were there for the hottest weekend this year. Breakfast was good, with lots of choice to suit everyone. We had a lovely stay and if I was visiting the area in the future, (St Ives is a lovely village so this is quite possible) I wuld definitely book again.

Room Tip: If you have a room over looking the street ask for a room on the second floor as passers by can be a bit noisy and disturbing
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 7, 2013

What a setting for a hotel, on the banks of the River Ouse! Beautiful town, beautiful location and it was all looking good until we experienced this hotel.
We arrived fairly late, after 11 pm and we were met by a very pleasant night porter, Steve. A real gent. We were given our room key and off we went.
As for the room, first impressions were its dated but clean. The bathroom seemed to have a recent re-furb. There was a slight musty smell in the bedroom. Definitely not luxury and definitely not worth the £90-00 per night rate. Off to bed and got up early the following morning.
This is where it started to go wrong. We were there for a family event and had to stay three nights in this place.....never again. Two and a half days of this three were spent in the hotel with NO hot water. St. Ives was in the middle of a sudden heat wave and at least two showers a day were necessary but unfortunately these had to be taken in cold water.
Breakfast was also very poor, everything was pre-cooked and left for ages under heat lamps resulting in food being dried out. There wasn't many guests and I cant understand why they couldn't have cooked it a little at a time. The evening meal was carvery and out of ten I'd give it a 3-4. Gordon Ramsey really needs to visit this place........urgently.
Bar service...............the worst I've ever come across. Rude (I observed this personally when a barman there was extremely rude to an unknown to me, customer), slow and generally totally incompetent. Everyone was giving out about them, including others we met around the town and when you said where you were staying the first thing they brought up was the bar staff. The receptionists generally were polite but when I complained about the hot water I was initially fobbed off and it was only when I persisted that she admitted to knowing full well that there was a boiler malfunction and that it wouldn't be fixed for another day!
We did get £60-00 off the bill. I believe we deserved more. There were 10 of us staying in this hotel. We spent alot of money there but the overwhelming sense on our leaving that none of us will be back!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Paul F
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We stayed at The Dolphin hotel with my parents for his 80th Birthday and after reading some very negative comments I felt the need to express my praise for the hotel. The staff were very helpful and pleasant, the accommodation was very good, the beds were firm but not at all uncomfortable, the views across the meadow were beautiful and the food delicious Thank you to everybody who made it such a lovely weekend.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the meadow were lovely
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family