“One of the best Restaurants I have been to. Great food and a good service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Can Vicent

Can Vicent
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“One of the best Restaurants I have been to. Great food and a good service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

Hello!

Recently I had a working holiday and I visited your city with my family. We had supper at several restaurants and cafe. Your restaurant - the best institution which I ever visited in my life. All top-level - tasty dishes, qualitative service, the excellent personnel. I didn't receive long ago so much pleasure from restaurants. Employees of your company are very benevolent, attentive to each client. I want to notice that it is necessary to have a great patience that so carefully to concern each client. I want to thank you for your excellent work and to wish your company to remain same remarkable. Now I will recommend you to my friends. I, my husband and my kids had a great time. Children still speak about how it was healthy at your restaurant.

But when we came back home, we were upset, because we forgot to address to you with our small request. We want to ask you to send us the gifts of your restaurant.
Something on your discretion - such as pens, T-shirts with your logo or USB flash drive with a video of your restaurant, or something that will remind us of you. It would be healthy to have something from your restaurant.  I should write to you because my children very much asked about it. It would be healthy to have something from you.

We hope that our request doesn't deliver for you many trouble.

Best regards,
Elena Shulzhenko.

Doncaster, United Kingdom
“Expensive for what it is”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2012

This attractive restaurant has a somewhat limited menu at prices above the average for Sant Carles. We opted for the chef-recommended "Rice (arroz) and mushrooms from mountain and sea" for minimum two persons. At €17 each it was a disappointment, to say the least. It was a wet stew dish with very few muscles/clams etc and the mountain element was a couple of bits of bone with very little meat attached! We decided to have dessert and coffee elsewhere. Considering that one can have a very fine 3 course meal with wine included for €15 - 20 elsewhere in Sant Carles, this was well over priced for the area.

On the plus side, the bottle of house red wine was an excellent Penedes at only €6.90 a bottle.

I can see no point in using this restaurant again. Avoid!

• Visited June 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Mugged?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2011

I work there every summer. I'm British but i live in Spain. I am really sorry i wasn't there at the time - I always make sure that English speaking clients know the price otherwise it's always a problem. Of course we would never ask a Spanish client if he wants to know the price. They know where they are and what they are there for, and to ask them would be to embarrass them in front of there guests. After the very first step in the door at Can Viçent it should have been evident what sort of place you were in. If you weren't in the right place, you could have turned round right then. By the way it's quite clear on the menu the lobster is sold by weight: so who's fault is it? The waiter for not telling or yours for not asking? One of the great things about San Carlos is that it's fairly genuine. I can't imagine it ever being set up for english clientelle. If it did i would look for another job.

1 Thank Rapitenc
Ferndown, United Kingdom
“They must have good eyesight - they see you coming alright...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2009

Four of us went to this restaurant and me, being a mug, ordered Lobster (in garlic) at an advertised price per 200 gramms. Cannot remember exactly what that was at the time but it looked ok. The waiter brought out the lobster to show me and that was ok as well. He did not estimate or even let on the price of the thing (not did I ask - I never have and I have eaten a few lobsters in the past). So muggins here, ate the lobster which was ok but not as good and flavoursome as one from the chinese for example. We got the rest of the average med style seafood and that was also ok. Service was in spanish which we can get by in and no mention of any price of the dear (that is relevant) old (that is not as it was fresh) lobster who weighed in at 135 pounds (sterling).

Correct £135.00 for one lobster boiled and some garlic over it - nothing else...

I blame myself; stupid and at 53 years old should know better but there you go. If I had been even "hinted at" as to the price of the dish then I would have questioned further but I secretly think that they had a great laugh in the kitchen at the time; "esta ingleses poco loco" or something like that.. For that reason I would not go back but I think that more sensible people may not be too disapointed. I just do not like to be "mugged".

A fellow reviewer suggested "best restaurant in town" but failed to say in what capacity - "slight of hand" is quite a good category for this restaurant.

1 Thank dwinsal